Tunerfest South 2018 at Brands Hatch - Sun 24th June - **CLUB STAND CLOSED**

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Attachments
Car Club Entrance Map.pdf
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
CarClubPass_Blue.pdf
(168.93 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
TunerfestSouth_TracktimeInfo.pdf
(486.74 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Attention Boys & Girls

Please follow these instructions to the Letter and then the day will run smoothly =D>

The Advanced Party which consists of Malcolm, Chris, Ian, Marc and Nigel will arrive at the Gates for 7.00am and we will need to set up the Stand before you all arrive, so please don't turn up before 7.50am :!:

However you must all be parked up on the Stand by 9am otherwise risk being sent to the Public Parking Area :!: :!:

Please allow plenty of time getting to the Event :thumleft: as this is a extremely popular show so the queues will be big :(

You will need to print off a Stand Pass (See Attachment) in Colour and unfortunately we only received this notification within the last 48hrs so not been able to send them out with your Ticket's #-o

Upon arrival at the Gate (See Attachment) you will then be directed to the Blue Area and we are on No.38 next door to the Paddock Signing On Office :thumleft:

Once you arrive Nigel will show you where to park so please follow his Instructions and as we will be trying to keep the Track Cars separate from the Show Cars, be prepared to know the answer when asked by Nigel :thumright:

Those of you who are doing the Track Session between 14:00 to 14:15 , we (Events Team) will be handing out Printed Track Passes. (Some of us have Spare Helmets that you may be able to borrow =D> )

MSV Track Instructions (See Attachment)

Please bring DVLA driving licence with you. If you have a crash helmet, please bring this too. Helmets may be hired from the circuit at extra cost. The noise limit for all cars will be 105db which will be measured statically and 92db drive-by on track, as per the MSA 2018 bluebook procedure. Please ensure there are no loose items in your car’s interior compartment or boot. We advise you fit a fire extinguisher and full safety harness. Only one passenger is allowed at any time and must be sat in the front passenger seat. Seat belts and helmets MUST be worn by occupants at all times. Please enter the venue via the Scratchers Lane Paddock Entrance. On arrival, please park in the area indicated and sign on in the paddock office. Signing for drivers and passengers on will take place from 9.00am in the Paddock Office next to the scrutineering bay in the upper paddock. Driver briefings will take place in the Paddock Office approximately 45-minutes before each session. ALL DRIVERS MUST ATTEND. You and your passengers (if applicable) will be given a wristband that must be worn in order to gain access to the circuit. 15-minutes before your session is due to start, please proceed under the tunnel to the Assembly Area at the end of the pit lane, following the red route shown above. Once in the Assembly Area, please await marshals’ instructions. At the end of the session the chequered flag will be shown Please continue around the lap at slow speed and exit the circuit via the pit lane entrance. After leaving the circuit, return to the parking area in the paddock following the red route shown above. Please follow marshals’ instructions at all times and observe the 10mph paddock speed limit.

We will have the usual Catering Facilities under the Club Gazebo being controlled by Caren and Events Team :thumleft: , Bacon Rolls, Hot Drinks, Soft Drinks including Water, Snacks and Sweets =D>

At lunchtime you are welcome to use the Cooking Facilities to knock up Beef Burgers etc...... but a word of warning shows like this aren't cheap when it comes to buying Food and Drink, so strongly advise you bring yourself a Pick Knick for Lunch :thumright:

This is a word of WARNING to everyone who is taking part at this Event or driving the Track Session : If you act like a prat on the Track or around the Stand, then you will more than likely be banned from any future Exclusive Events that the Club has taking place throughout the year :!:

So all that remains to say is have a cracking day with your Car Club Friends =D> =D> =D> =D>

Events Team
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - GBCC & Network Delivery Service
Track Days = 64.5 + 4 session's/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 4/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 181

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 55

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Tunerfest South 2018 at Brands Hatch - Sun 24th June - **CLUB STAND CLOSED**

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:36 am

Morning Boys and Girls Image

The Team are looking forward to seeing you all today and hope you all have a lovely day together among friends :thumleft:

Events Team

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

Track Days = 64.5 + 4 session's/Sprint Days = 13/Car Limits 4 person = 4/Skid Pan = 1/Go Karting = 1/Cars Driven = 181

http://npt-communications.webs.com < Click > ****GSB III**** - GT86 Track Days = 55

Mpv2k3
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Diamond Grey

Re: Tunerfest South 2018 at Brands Hatch - Sun 24th June - **CLUB STAND CLOSED**

Post by Mpv2k3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:07 am

I'm here!.......... used the Scratchers lane enhance straight into the paddock area!
Diamond Grey 2009 Mazda Rx8 R3 - Owned since June 2012
K&N Panel filter>D585-R Ignition Coil Kit>BHR Engine Mounts>Lockwood Front Grilles>Mintex M1144 brake pads>RacingBrake braided brake lines>Black Diamond G12 Grooved Brake Disc Front & Rear>Eibach Spacer's front 15mm, rear 15mm>4-Pot Front Brake >RacingBeat ARB's

Conan
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Conan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Have a good day everyone,
Still in France with Paula
Pete
Events Coordinator. 2014 to 2017

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm

We only went and won best car club stand out of the 66 stands here! - Events Team

TFS-1st.jpg
TFS-1st.jpg (211.41 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Custom Sat Nav 3 Gauge install
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs
Slotted & Dimpled Discs
Mintex 1144 Pads
Full OE Aero Kit
Revolution Alloy Strut Brace
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors
Original engine 86k miles (169.7 rwhp) and then it died!
Own build Steet ported engine 173whp Feb 2018
Low comp at 7k miles 8th Dec now SORN

Harris-5310
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Harris-5310 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks Nigel and all those that organised a great day
2004 winning blue 231 gone but not forgotten
Now own a 2003 Audi TT 225 quattro

jondkent
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Stormy Blue

Post by jondkent » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks everyone for a very enjoyable day, and a slightly terrifying.though much fun, first track session, over too quickly.

Cheers,
Jon

SAS
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by SAS » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Well done guys on wining best car club stand :thumleft:
Supercharged :thumleft:

Clive
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by Clive » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Really pleased for the club for the deserved club stand win, well done to all who organised it.

Many thanks for all you guys who showed me so much consideration out on track, while I tested some latest tweeks on the race car before my next race up at Silverstone

All in all a great day out with great people =D>

PeteH
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by PeteH » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Well done to everyone involved. That's a great endorcement of everyone's hard work. We should say a huge thank you to the events team that puts so much into the organisation, much of which happens behind the scenes. I also want to say massive thanks to our members, who turn out such impressively presented cars for every show.

=D> =D> =D>
RX-8 in Time Attack 2016 (2nd in class) & 2017 (Championship Winner)
http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 04&t=69554

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:30 pm

Imported to the iPad from the camera SD card so if they are upside down or sideways sorry and I will upload from the PC eventually!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs
Slotted & Dimpled Discs
Mintex 1144 Pads
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

CTID
Club Member
Club Member

Post by CTID » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Big thanks to everyone who helped organise this, even without going on track it was a great day out and nice meeting some more members. Well done to all for the Best Club Stand win, hopefully some nice publicity from that as well.
Previous: 231 in Velocity Red, 231 in Black, R3 in Silver, Evolve in Copper Red.
Currently Vauxhall Astra GTC VXR :D

Dave2112
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Dave2112 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Well done guys =D> =D> :thumright: Do we have a trophy cabinet....?
Autoexe lightweight flywheel
RR D585 coils and Magnecor leads.
Hayward rebuilt ported engine with ceramic apex seals
Remap by Rotary Motion
20mm Eibach spacers
Bilstein/Eibach B12 Pro kit
Refurbed engine mounts
Yellowstuff and Redstuff pads
Exedy clutch
Black diamond discs

Twistedmonkey
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Twistedmonkey » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Had a great time as always despite feeling rough at the mo

Big thanks to all who organised and help push me down the hill to get her going before tracktime as she just didn’t want to start

Strangely when we left started up pretty much straight away Image

I’m confused ImageImage

Here’s a few of my pics

Thanks all see u at the next one Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Twistedmonkey on Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192

Post by Shagrington » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Well done everybody involved in any aspect of the organisation, =D> thanks to Caren and any others involved in cooking the bacon rolls, providing the lovely cakes and to everybody for the good company. It was so hot though ... I had to take my jacket off. :shock:

I'm sure my brother will let me have a selection of his better photos before long so I can post them up here.
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Shagrington » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:40 pm

And here are the first 4 photos he has done
Clive.jpg
Best Stand.jpg
Trophy.jpg
Gazebo.jpg
'Grington.
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

bc-49
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by bc-49 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks to everyone involved for a great day! Awesome that we picked up Club Stand of the Show, a testiment to all the Event Team's hard work and the great attendance from members as per usual. I think it was Nigel's 'Artistic Parking' that just nicked us the win :thumleft:

Good fun on track too although definitely didn't have the same pace as a few of you guys on Federals etc, confirmation that a set of semis are next up on the to-buy list. Hopefully everyone had a good session, and it was good to see some new faces and get talking to a few more of you, now looking forward to the next one and the OPL in December!

2006 Galaxy Grey 231

Yokohama V105 | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach 20mm Spacers | Mintex 1144 Pads | Racing Beat REV8 Catback | BHR Ignition | K&N Filter | Koyorad Alu Radiator | Mishimoto Thermostat | Greddy Sump | ER Braided Oil Lines | ER Oil Pressure Reg | ER Baffle Plate | Lockwood Front Grills

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:56 pm

I was very impressed with the Federals and the car seemed to be glued to the track. Almost more satisfying was the way my home built street ported engine performed faultlessly and seems to pulling better than ever.
Next Saturday it's track time at Donington Park.

Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs
Slotted & Dimpled Discs
Mintex 1144 Pads
Full OE Aero Kit
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors

SeanP
Club Member
Club Member

Post by SeanP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 am

Trying a bit of picture in picture. Unfortunately Harry's latimer let me down again... Back to RaceChrono for overlays and lap times.

Forum Admin. R3, Diamond Grey = :twisted: HUGE smiles :twisted:
RoSPA & IAM Advanced Driving Tutor; Safe+Smooth+Systematic+Sparkle=FUN! Hayward rebuild@45K(s)miles, 17.5 MPG.
Track Addict: Green Hell :D, Spa :D, AutoSolos 10+, Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x3, NorthWeald x5, Bedford SW. (Vids, Pics);
Never forget (28/08/09): 231, Titanium Grey, Leather.

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Well what a fantastic day we all had and then going on to win 1st Prize for Best Club Stand out of 66 Stands :shock:

Sorry if I appear not to be smiling in the group photo :( , but was mainly in a state of shock and amazement that after all the hard work that goes into organising an Event for our Club that we then went on to win this Award =D>

Nigel Ashley from MSV - Time Attack Events Coordinator said to me that we were the best laid out Stand at the Event and that our Exclusive Track Session didn't have any RED FLAG's for the whole Session :thumleft:

Anyway to achieve all this a big thank you goes to the Members who came along to make it all possible =D> =D> =D> =D>

I like to thank the Advance Party for joining me in the Morning to get things set up plus a big thank you goes to Caren for cooking all them Bacon Rolls and making all those Homemade Cakes as it is much appreciated by the Team and Members :thumleft:

Nice to see lots of happy faces during the day plus a few New Members joining all of us :thumleft:

Hopefully we convinced Ollyr3 to join the Club and jondkent to do more Track Days :thumright:

So all that remains to be said many thanks everyone for supporting your Club =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Events Team

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Tunerfest South 1st Prize Best Club Stand 2018 - 1.jpg
Tunerfest South 1st Prize Best Club Stand 2018 - 1.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Tunerfest South 1st Prize Best Club Stand 2018 - 2.jpg
Tunerfest South 1st Prize Best Club Stand 2018 - 2.jpg (28.2 KiB) Viewed 491 times

jondkent
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Stormy Blue

Post by jondkent » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:47 pm

GreySilver Beast wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

Hopefully we convinced Ollyr3 to join the Club and jondkent to do more Track Days :thumright:

I decided that I need a bit of tuition here, so gonna book up something at Brands asap. Household bank manager has approved this but.......only once I give up smoking :shock:

Actually, its an obvious replacement I think, now to wake up the will power, sure I have some somewhere :-k

Jon

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:53 pm

I can only echo what Nigel has said. Particular thanks to Caren for the bacon roll and delicious lemon drizzle cake - several portions were consumed, despite my best efforts to restrain my calorie intake ;) :D

This was my first outing to this event and I want to thank everyone who turned up and made it such a great day, helped by the fantastic weather. Seeing everyone enjoy themselves makes all the work behind the scenes (mostly Nigel for this one) and for Nigel, me, Ian, Chris and Marc for getting onsite early to setup the stand, worthwhile.

Our track session was fun and I compliment everyone for the track etiquette I witnessed =D> No breakdowns, no offs and no red flags either :D

Here's my track efforts on video. It starts just as the pace car turns off into the pitlane and I try vainly to keep on the tail of Ian.M (nice driving Ian!). I'm still a wimp and braking too much on entry into Paddock Hill and my lines start to get a bit untidy towards the end, but I'm reasonably happy with a 60.7 sec lap that RaceChrono recorded on a clear lap towards the end (probably when I was vainly trying to keep in touch with Scott's Integra ;) ).

It was great to meet a lot of old friends (old in terms of how long I've known you ;) ) and some new people too. As always, these days go so fast so I didn't get a chance to speak to everyone, so apologies to those people I missed.

Good to meet jondkent and Ollyr3 and see them take their first steps on track, I hope you are tempted to do more after your experience on Sunday :D

For those of you who saw smoke emanating from my passenger side front caliper after the track session, it turned out the outer bleed nipple had somehow loosened ever so slightly, allowing a small amount of brake fluid to escape and create a lot of smoke. A very slight nip on the nipple (ooh er!) and the problem was solved. It didn't cause any issue on track, only manifesting itself about 100 metres from our stand on the way back from our session. Really weird, as that bleed nipple hasn't been touched for months and had no problem on a full trackday at Snetterton :?

Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers
Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, FULL RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R (dry), Rainsport 3 (wet)

Ollyr3
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Ollyr3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:58 pm

Sorry, thought I posted something yesterday but looks I must have forgotten to hit submit!! Yes 100% will be joining he club. Had a cracking time and was great to meet you all. Lovely bunch of people and very happy to answer any stupid questions I had! Loved the time on track and haven’t definetly got the bug.

Off to purchase my membership now.....

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Shagrington » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 am

More of my brother's photos
DSC_0287_DxO.jpg
DSC_0287_DxO.jpg (255.14 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0285_DxO.jpg
DSC_0285_DxO.jpg (229.86 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0260_DxO.jpg
DSC_0260_DxO.jpg (238.99 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0252_DxO.jpg
DSC_0252_DxO.jpg (174.64 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0231_DxO.jpg
DSC_0231_DxO.jpg (171.76 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0230_DxO.jpg
DSC_0230_DxO.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0228_DxO.jpg
DSC_0228_DxO.jpg (157.89 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0212_DxO.jpg
DSC_0212_DxO.jpg (227.36 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0207_DxO.jpg
DSC_0207_DxO.jpg (206.36 KiB) Viewed 464 times
DSC_0163_DxO.jpg
DSC_0163_DxO.jpg (303.52 KiB) Viewed 464 times
'Grington.

Return to “The Vault”