JDM Castle Combe 17 photos, vids feedback etc

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
Lemon
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Winning Blue

Re: JDM Castle Combe 17 photos, vids feedback etc

Post by Lemon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:35 pm

DrewPz wrote:
Lemon wrote:I had been thinking recently about trading up to a 231, yesterday changed my mind and i want to start working to improve my car even more than the minor brake upgrade and ghetto cat that i already have.

want to start saving for some PZ wheels, PZ suspension and some sort of Ebay catback.
Just buy a pz?
ahh but then it would be a PZ and not a car that i build myself, besides Winning Blue FTW!!
Thanks, Stu

13Black
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by 13Black » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Ahhh but PZ mirrors eww.
-= Rotormelon Money Pit Build of Tasteless Questionable Bodgery =-
Experimelon 183whp rebuild | Rotary Revs D585s | PZ Suspension | Hawk & Yellowstuff pads | Extra steering lock | Custom exhaust | Added rearward flames of glory | Unnecessarily repurposed ball gags

DrewPz
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by DrewPz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Lemon wrote:
DrewPz wrote:
Lemon wrote:I had been thinking recently about trading up to a 231, yesterday changed my mind and i want to start working to improve my car even more than the minor brake upgrade and ghetto cat that i already have.

want to start saving for some PZ wheels, PZ suspension and some sort of Ebay catback.
Just buy a pz?
ahh but then it would be a PZ and not a car that i build myself, besides Winning Blue FTW!!
Because racecar......but i ment buy a non runner, accident damage pz wi all parts on and then just swap them. You will find a full car ready for breaking for 500 and rob it of all the parts. And pz mirrors are much better looking. Useless. But better looking.
Daily - 2014 BMW 120d F20 M-Sport, White, Alcantara Interior, Comfort Pack, LED HID Lighting Pack, Keyless Entry, Sat Nav + Upgraded media System, Privacy Glass Pack, Full M-Sport Kit, 18'' Twin spokes, Pirreli P-Zero's Show Civic Type R Fn2, Gp Aero Kit, Mugen Wing, Eibach Pro, Martelius Race System.
Sadly Gone - 2006 '56' Rx8 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey

Lemon
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 192

Post by Lemon » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:56 pm

don't have anyware to store a car atm.

looking for units though
Thanks, Stu

AMH
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by AMH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting these done. We were both shattered when we got home last night and enjoyed our first lay-in in a few weeks this morning.

Had a great day, nice relaxed atmosphere. Shame Nigel had to leave early but I was chatting with him earlier and it's good that he hasn't lost his sense of humor - fingers crossed his operation has gone well.

So here are the photos and there's a couple of videos I have posted on Facebook: https://goo.gl/photos/BPZRzBSgjxQisLw48
1st March 2005 - 31st Dec 2009: Strato 192 with Mega Bling Alloys - TWOC :( :thumbsdown:
Delivered 12th March 2010: Aurora Blue R3 \:D/ :thumbsup:

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 pm

Lovely photos Ann...must be a filter or summit as youve made my ugly duckling car look like its had a respray....
231 streetported Rx8 renny powered Westfield kit race car.
92 Rx7 fd3s stock twins..est.320bhp. Track car.

AMH
Club Member
Club Member

Post by AMH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:38 pm

boosted wrote:Lovely photos Ann...must be a filter or summit as youve made my ugly duckling car look like its had a respray....
Neil's the photographer and he was moaning that he had the wrong lens!

He took loads so if you want him to see if he has any more of yours, especially on the track, just let me know the reg and he'll have a look.

I should have said as always full size versions available if anyone wants them (but they are huge files).
1st March 2005 - 31st Dec 2009: Strato 192 with Mega Bling Alloys - TWOC :( :thumbsdown:

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Yes pls...k917 dtm....but has ROCKET written on the back..i email those to myself if thats ok?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

AMH
Club Member
Club Member

Post by AMH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:42 pm

boosted wrote:Yes pls...k917 dtm....but has ROCKET written on the back..i email those to myself if thats ok?
Doh - I can see that in your avatar! :rofl:

PM me your email address and I'll get Neil on the case.

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Cool. Big thanks

boosted
Club Member
Club Member

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Done.

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Copper Red

Post by mrspiller » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:16 pm

ChrisHolmes wrote:So that rattle was something important then Wayne! I Hope its not something too serious mate after such a great day.
Chris - it's seems I'm a very lucky boy . The oil cooler hose connection C clip was not in the connection under the front cross member so that's where the oil blew out . I put a new clip in , put 3 litres of oil and its running lovely , I'm glad I switched straight off as soon as I seen the oil light . I initially thought I may have missed it and forgot to put it in , but don't think it would have made it off my drive had I missed it . I think I have found the clunking but will update tomorrow . I'm just glad it happened on the M4 and not the track ........ a very costly clean up for me if it had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpv2k3
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by Mpv2k3 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm

What a great day it was! Thank you to everyone who helped organise the day and for sharing your photographs and videos from the day. =D>

I Didn't get to look around the show this time as I was too busy taking part in the 4 track sessions which was my first time on Track and I thoroughly enjoyed it! :race:

Hopefully I didn't cause any issues on the track for anyone.

My dashcam played up so I only managed to get a few laps of session 4. Hope you like it!

Some flamage going on in it! :twisted: :thumleft:

https://youtu.be/KJi5PnHQzsA
Last edited by Mpv2k3 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Grey 2009 Mazda Rx8 R3 - Owned since June 2012
K&N Panel filter>D585-R Ignition Coil Kit>BHR Engine Mounts>Lockwood Front Grilles>Mintex M1144 brake pads>RacingBrake braided brake lines>Black Diamond G12 Grooved Brake Disc Front & Rear>Eibach Spacer's front 15mm, rear 15mm>4-Pot Front Brake >RacingBeat ARB's

Reloy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Reloy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 pm

AMH wrote:Sorry for the delay in getting these done. We were both shattered when we got home last night and enjoyed our first lay-in in a few weeks this morning.

Had a great day, nice relaxed atmosphere. Shame Nigel had to leave early but I was chatting with him earlier and it's good that he hasn't lost his sense of humor - fingers crossed his operation has gone well.

So here are the photos and there's a couple of videos I have posted on Facebook: https://goo.gl/photos/BPZRzBSgjxQisLw48
Those are some brilliant photos. Would you mind awfully if I copied the ones with me in them?
Rotary Revs Rebuild
Uprated Starter
K&N air filter
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Bilstein B8 Shocks
RR D585 Coils
Magnecor Leads
Aero Kit

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Mpv2k3 wrote:What a great day it was! Thank you to everyone who helped organise the day and for sharing your photographs and videos from the day. =D>

I Didn't get to look around the show this time as I was too busy taking part in the 4 track sessions which was my first time on Track and I thoroughly enjoyed it! :race:

Hopefully I didn't cause any issues on the track for anyone.

My dashcam played up so I only managed to get a few laps of session 4. Hope you like it!

Some flamage going on in it! :twisted: :thumleft:

https://youtu.be/KJi5PnHQzsA
I was in it ImageImageImageImageImage

AMH
Club Member
Club Member

Post by AMH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:01 pm

Reloy wrote:Those are some brilliant photos. Would you mind awfully if I copied the ones with me in them?
No problem - I'll see if Neil has any more of your car.

Reloy
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Reloy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Thank you, there's one there that makes it looks like I'm going really fast, which will impress my non car club friends, or not cos they don't understand. I'm sorry that I didn't get to say hello, which is probably testament to the number of people that attended this year. See you at the next do.
Rotary Revs Rebuild
Uprated Starter
K&N air filter
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Bilstein B8 Shocks
RR D585 Coils
Magnecor Leads
Aero Kit

13Black
Club Member
Club Member

Post by 13Black » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Mpv2k3, without it sounding like the most back handed compliment ever, I just wanted to say that you are very well mannered on track when it comes to being overtaken :D leave plenty of room and take a little break from having your right foot in the firewall. Had one or two instances where people forgot about the latter part which makes it difficult to safely overtake on a straight when everyone has the same power :)

It was fun playing with the FN2 in that respect actually, slightly quicker on the straights but didn't quite have us in the bends ;)

As always, great job to everyone behind the scenes organising a great day and it was good to meet a few new faces etc. I must have only really chatted to about 10% of you guys in the end :( and didn't realise what Clive looked like. Next time :D
Experimelon 183whp rebuild | Rotary Revs D585s | PZ Suspension | Hawk & Yellowstuff pads | Extra steering lock | Custom exhaust | Added rearward flames of glory | Unnecessarily repurposed ball gags

mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 pm

13Black wrote:Mpv2k3, without it sounding like the most back handed compliment ever, I just wanted to say that you are very well mannered on track when it comes to being overtaken :D leave plenty of room and take a little break from having your right foot in the firewall. Had one or two instances where people forgot about the latter part which makes it difficult to safely overtake on a straight when everyone has the same power :)

It was fun playing with the FN2 in that respect actually, slightly quicker on the straights but didn't quite have us in the bends ;)

As always, great job to everyone behind the scenes organising a great day and it was good to meet a few new faces etc. I must have only really chatted to about 10% of you guys in the end :( and didn't realise what Clive looked like. Next time :D
That mr 13 black is one of the best compliments I have heard and I echo that widely . I thought it was quite simple , if a car is in your mirrors he's probably quicker than you . If you don't think he is , let him past and push him around for a bit and give the Man a chance . I only done the last session , and first time at castle Combe . I did think the track etiquette was pretty sh*t .

DrewPz
Former Member
Former Member

Post by DrewPz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:09 pm

13Black wrote:Mpv2k3, without it sounding like the most back handed compliment ever, I just wanted to say that you are very well mannered on track when it comes to being overtaken :D leave plenty of room and take a little break from having your right foot in the firewall. Had one or two instances where people forgot about the latter part which makes it difficult to safely overtake on a straight when everyone has the same power :)

Must have been the other fn2 then :lol: i didnt feel quicker in the straights, though it couldve been me slowing right down for bends. First time on track and those barriers were awfully close to some bends. In particular the pit lane bend with the starting lines on i know i slowed down to much for a pete repeatedly instructed me i was doing the quarry wrong but that bloody race brief guys words just bounced around my head everytime 'one of the most damgerous corners in motorsport and accounts for 25% of all british motorsport accidents'......everytime i heard him saying that and just slowed right down for it....pitty the swift lad didnt hear that bit as i believe that was corner he totalled on. At least the old boy will be happy about his statistics being upheld.
Daily - 2014 BMW 120d F20 M-Sport, White, Alcantara Interior, Comfort Pack, LED HID Lighting Pack, Keyless Entry, Sat Nav + Upgraded media System, Privacy Glass Pack, Full M-Sport Kit, 18'' Twin spokes, Pirreli P-Zero's Show Civic Type R Fn2, Gp Aero Kit, Mugen Wing, Eibach Pro, Martelius Race System.

DrewPz
Former Member
Former Member

Post by DrewPz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:13 pm

mrspiller wrote:

That mr 13 black is one of the best compliments I have heard and I echo that widely . I thought it was quite simple , if a car is in your mirrors he's probably quicker than you . If you don't think he is , let him past and push him around for a bit and give the Man a chance . I only done the last session , and first time at castle Combe . I did think the track etiquette was pretty sh*t .

Really? I was out in session 1 + 3 and thought everyone behaved very well? I was normally moving over for people in the Fn2 and backing right off, even had to brake sometimes even though i was indicating left for them to come round, but didnt feel pressured by anybody. I did have my big black amd yellow cross on though :lol:

ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 pm

mrspiller wrote:
ChrisHolmes wrote:So that rattle was something important then Wayne! I Hope its not something too serious mate after such a great day.
Chris - it's seems I'm a very lucky boy . The oil cooler hose connection C clip was not in the connection under the front cross member so that's where the oil blew out . I put a new clip in , put 3 litres of oil and its running lovely , I'm glad I switched straight off as soon as I seen the oil light . I initially thought I may have missed it and forgot to put it in , but don't think it would have made it off my drive had I missed it . I think I have found the clunking but will update tomorrow . I'm just glad it happened on the M4 and not the track ........ a very costly clean up for me if it had

Great news Wayne, you must be seriously relieved. Messy but a simple fix.
Toyo SS Catback
SS Strakes
Custom Sat Nav 3 Gauge install
Meister Zeta R Coilovers
Whiteline ARBs
Slotted & Dimpled Discs
Mintex 1144 Pads
Full OE Aero Kit
Revolution Alloy Strut Brace
Lockwood SS Grills
Passenger Footrest
Lambo doors
Original engine 86k miles (169.7 rwhp) and then it died!
Own build Steet ported engine 173whp Feb 2018
Low comp at 7k miles 8th Dec now SORN

DrewPz
Former Member
Former Member

Post by DrewPz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Do you have to pay a clean up fee if your have fluid spill or something on track? Was just reading the abive qoute about a costly clean up.

13Black
Club Member
Club Member

Post by 13Black » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:40 pm

I may have poked my nose up a bit closer to a few people's behinds (oooh ... matron) in the slower corners like Esses and Bobbies so they get the idea that they're not going anywhere without me.
But yeah on the whole, most people were totally fine that I encountered :D

joney
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by joney » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm

AMH wrote:
Reloy wrote:Those are some brilliant photos. Would you mind awfully if I copied the ones with me in them?
No problem - I'll see if Neil has any more of your car.
Some nice photos there hope you don't mind I added a couple of comedy value
If its not broke I'm sure I can find a reason to take it apart :thumright:
Things Done: Nexus Mod, Led Lights, D969 Coils, cobra exhaust, moded ash tray to gauge pod, Toyo Decat, cruise control mod with mazda 6 steering wheel and Lots of Cleaning
To Do: ?
Want:Ms kit

Return to “The Vault”