Annual Irish Rotary get together 2017

Social static / drive meets of the past. One off meets that are now complete, or meets that are now no longer attended. Read-only.
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Annual Irish Rotary get together 2017

Post by warpc0il »

This has been posted on the Irish Rotary Owners Club forum
Panda on IROC wrote: Hi everybody,

So this year marks the 50th year anniversary of the first Rotary powered Mazda ..the Cosmos, so that got me thinking:mellow: what better way to celebrate the engine we have come to know and love than A TRACK DAY!!!

I've been on to Kirkistown Race Track up in Co. Down regarding the event and Richard who i was speaking to seemed more than willing to host the event, he says its been quite a few years since he has seen a rotary up there, so i asked about dates, he has the 09/07/17 free! which is the Sunday and i think the day that suits everyone best. I know the general consensus was a nice scenic drive then park up and take a few pics....but bare in mind, it's in Co. Down, it will be a scenic drive up for most of us and i'm sure a couple of pitstops can be arranged on the route! The track itself is quite big and has a fairly big paddock area so with an open space like that the cars could be categorically organised by their model and spread out so the perfect opportunity for pics!

Now considering the milestone it is im trying to get Mazda Ireland in on the act although i wont hold my breath waiting for a reply, but also i was thinking that to possibly encourage Mazda to get on board that it wouldn't be a bad idea to try round up all the Mazda clubs like, the mx5 guys, the MPS guys and basically have like a Mazda appreciation day, which will hopefully get the numbers up as well, bigger numbers means lower cost on the day too. I have been in touch with the mx5 owners club and they said they would be happy to get involved, im waiting on word back from the rx8oc, mpsoc , mazdarotaryclubUK and a couple of other UK forums that could have members in northern Ireland looking to attend or even UK members that fancy making the trip over.

Im currently in the waiting process at the minute with regard to the track details so i will update this as i get the information, I should get an email over the next few days outlining the entry costs , track time costs, etc... I was also told an ambulance has to be there on the day and some marshals too, there will be a burger van organised by the track so food is pretty much pay as you go, but im sure if we wanted to sort our own food out it can be done too.

The only drawbacks on the day is that the track has a noise restriction curfew, so track time cannot commence until 12pm on the Sunday, and sadly he said "no drifting" :( now i did say "but mister all our cars are rwd!!" and his reply was simply that there is to be no purposely initiated drifting and that correcting over-steer is OK to a certain degree, then obviously helmets(if you're going on track) are a necessity for driver and passenger , they have a chief marshal that will be there to give a driver briefing too.

So that is all i have for the minute, i might look into asking a few places for possible sponsorship to help out with track costs but , id like to try gauge a attendance numbers before i start begging LOL :lol: anyway im giving everybody LOADS of time to sort time off , or get cars ready etc... it even gives me enough time to actually book a Sunday off work haha and it also gives me motivation to start fixing up Rita and giving her , her new 2017 look!
I've posted this in both Events and Trackdays sections

To keep things tidy, this thread has been locked and all related discussion will be under Trackdays.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

Return to “Past Social Static / Drive Meets”