Drift your RX8 day, Is there interest?

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
minisaki
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Brilliant Black

Drift your RX8 day, Is there interest?

Post by minisaki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi all :thumleft:
I attended a starter drift course at a venue called Driftland UK it was an awsome day :mrgreen: and I got talking to the owner of the venue. I asked if we would be welcome to come use the track. He said yes :mrgreen: I didn't get prices etc and informed him I would see how much interest there is and i'll contact him should it seem like there's enough interest. :thumleft: It's a purpose built venue for drifting and hosts many events through the year. We could attend a open day or see about booking time for the club depending on numbers. :D
so in this post could you please let me know if this;
Interests you :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:
& what time of year you would prefer? :salut:

I'll then take if from there :thumleft:
for me it's YES i'm interested and Autumn as this is after show season :roll: and hopefully wet (saves tyres, clutch etc) :thumleft:

You can find information on the venue here http://www.driftlanduk.com/
It's in Scotland I know this will affect numbers as most members are south of the border but it's worth the journey :mrgreen:

Once again any questions please feel free to contact me :thumleft:
Brilliant black 192.
Carbon fibre vented bonnet, carbon fibre boot, carbon fibre Mazdaspeed spoiler, carbon fibre eyebrows, carbon fibre strakes, carbon fibre b-pillers, carbon fibre mirrors, K-Sport 8 pots, Japan Racing Wheels, Meister R CRD+, 10w50 fully synthetic, Castrol 2t racing pre mix and sohn Fed. red lined like she should be. :thumleft: :thumleft:

minisaki
Former Member
Former Member

Re: Drift your RX8 day, Is there interest?

Post by minisaki » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 pm

also an open day was about £35 if we share the track with other people so it's not too expensive :-)
Brilliant black 192.
Carbon fibre vented bonnet, carbon fibre boot, carbon fibre Mazdaspeed spoiler, carbon fibre eyebrows, carbon fibre strakes, carbon fibre b-pillers, carbon fibre mirrors, K-Sport 8 pots, Japan Racing Wheels, Meister R CRD+, 10w50 fully synthetic, Castrol 2t racing pre mix and sohn Fed. red lined like she should be. :thumleft: :thumleft:

minisaki
Former Member
Former Member

Post by minisaki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:47 am

If you could also comment if it's a no and why ie location or not for you etc then I can look at how to make it happen and what might help members if they want to attend. :-)

I would appreciate any feedback from you all ;-)
Brilliant black 192.

Brydo
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Has thanked: 0

Post by Brydo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:52 am

I would be interested but too far away for me, sorry. Im in london so a fair drive plus cost of fuel.

minisaki
Former Member
Former Member

Post by minisaki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

Brydo cheers for the feedback I know that this will be the case for many members but I appreciate your reply :-)
Brilliant black 192.

I.D13Bpp
Non Member
Non Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by I.D13Bpp » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:30 am

there's few drifters there with rx7/rx8 are not a member of this forum, just go and meet those good people at driftland.
It will be a good day out. :thumright:

minisaki
Former Member
Former Member

Post by minisaki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:56 am

I'm happy to have a good go by myself but thought it would be nice to have a club get together there as some people won't want to go by themselves and others may not be aware of the place :-) good excuse to have a get together is always fine with me :-)
Brilliant black 192.

bimbodrift
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Kuro Black
Been thanked: 0

Post by bimbodrift » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi Minisaki

I would be seriously interested, but the location is not so good.. 7 hours driving are too much,
also considering that you should bring spare tires with you,

I think that if we get a good number,
we could also organize a drifting session in the south,
maybe we could agree to have the track only for us for 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. At least to start to have interest and maybe inviting also other clubs members

Soul
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by Soul » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Is the '8 actually very good for this sort of thing? Didn't think it had enough power to really break traction that well. Of course if the course is wet that's another matter......
'09 Mazdaspeed Galaxy Grey JDM
^^ Lots of mods ^^ AEM, AgencyPower midpipe, HKS Legamax......

TheManc
Club Member
Club Member

Post by TheManc » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Soul - oulton park run drift days as well as i was looking into it for myself and my dad (70).

the tarmac they use is some low friction stuff and is kept wet for the duration so you dont have to be burning the tyres to lose the grip

Return to “The Vault”