Breakfast Run III 5 Aug

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
Uncle Bob
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Uncle Bob » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:38 pm

I thought that but dog licenses were revoked in 1987 and I can't find anything about an ass licence :shock:
T/Grey 230, leather, SatNav, Eibach lowering kit.
Now gone but not forgotten (05/04/05 - 23/05/09)

HypoThermia
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by HypoThermia » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:03 pm

Well... ahem... typing ass into Google had predictable results, in hindsight. :? :lol:

Wikipedia has donkey and ass as being the same animal, with just historical differences in the use of the word. It may just be the proximity of the two laws that mean dogs were carried over - they're also trained working animals, on which someone's livelihood may depend.

Ian.
(Former Chairman, Membership Secretary, and long time Admin)
R3 Aurora Blue Mica - Racing Brake calipers, rotors and steel brake lines - Racing Beat exhaust - TARGA2 sensors - Lockwood grilles - blue LEDs - side and fog light upgrades - window tints - Eibach spacers
And still three gears left...

pazza98
Former Member
Former Member

Post by pazza98 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:20 pm

Said accident occured in the middle of the countryside a long way from any houses, had it been a dog or another animal needing reporting, I'm sure we would have.

What would anyone like me to say ? ? ? I love cats, and lit a candle for it in my local church ! (not required by law, only my conscience)
Toyota small car :(

deeppurple
Former Member
Former Member

Post by deeppurple » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:04 pm

I'll try and post a bit of the video i took. The cat episode unfortunately is on one of the video's but i think it is best not to include this.

pazza98
Former Member
Former Member

Post by pazza98 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:14 pm

Everyone's gone a bit quiet on this one, cat bite your tongue? ;)

Sorry if I dulled the mood!
Toyota small car :(

The G Man
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by The G Man » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:32 pm

80s Casual wrote:What about a beer next Monday night in the Pot
Are you up Tuesday night? That would be spot on, earlies on Tuesday, off Wednesday :D , so don't have to worry too much about work next day 8)
2006 - 2010, 231BB, Gone But NEVER Forgetten
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
2016 - present,Ford Mustang 5.0 GT, Ruby Red,FRPP Touring by Borla,FRPP Track Handling Pack,FRPP Strut Brace,Custom Plenum and coil covers by RPI,20/23mm spacers,Super Snake Stripe By BigWorm Graphics,American MuscleSplashGuards,DRL LED, Steeda Bonnet struts.

80s Casual
Former Member
Former Member

Post by 80s Casual » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:23 pm

No, fly back at 17:50 on Tuesday. Up w/c 20 Aug (dates tba - any days suit you?) and Tuesday 28 Aug (Any good?).
Kids Booster set and Tigger seat belt attachment

The G Man
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by The G Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Only Friday 24th I'm afraid, have Merkin relatives over week after :oops:
2006 - 2010, 231BB, Gone But NEVER Forgetten
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
2016 - present,Ford Mustang 5.0 GT, Ruby Red,FRPP Touring by Borla,FRPP Track Handling Pack,FRPP Strut Brace,Custom Plenum and coil covers by RPI,20/23mm spacers,Super Snake Stripe By BigWorm Graphics,American MuscleSplashGuards,DRL LED, Steeda Bonnet struts.

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:46 pm

I was reluctant to post here as very much aware of the hostility or apparent ignoring sometimes shown to exmembers, (however loyal to club or car in the past). - Sorry I missed this run, on hol's but now fully aware the RX-8 is well and truly gone despite nearly 3 years of happy ownership. Glad a good day was had.

Main reason for posting was I felt the need to re emphasise the real risk of serious consequences on such runs if appropriate restraint is not excercised. Discussion of near misses/collisions makes me concerned that someone might end up having episode in the future.

Others, (animals & people), can fail anticipate the speed of faster moving vehicles. I live in the area of this run, enjoy safe driving but often very progressive driving but am ware I that each time I exit a corner I may sudenly meet a horse & rider, an oncoming car or an early morning motorcyclist going the other way. I like to think that I am a safe yet capable & progressive driver. Despite this I know I am human and therefore, (like all of us), capable of making mistakes. Not saying anyone has done anything wrong but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful in future and try to avoid any red mist.

Sorry if any offence is caused but if this post prevents one or more
person(s) from meeting a sticky end then this post has served it's purpose.

Take Care :) :wink:
VR 230 owned 2003-2006 - Never to be forgotten.

dirtyleeds
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dirtyleeds » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:27 pm

AW8 wrote:I was reluctant to post here as very much aware of the hostility or apparent ignoring sometimes shown to exmembers, (however loyal to club or car in the past).
Really sorry you feel like that mate. I can't recall any such examples but is certainly not the kind of behaviour we would condone or like to see.

As for the cat thing as I believe the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The chances are that even if the breakfast had not been on that day then the little critter would have been had by some other poor motorist.

Having been on a number of these events I can safely say that they are extremely safe and well organised and no one is ever encouraged to drive beyond their limit.
At the end of the day we're all adults who are big enough and ugly enough to make our own decisions and take responsibilty for our own actions.

So can we please let this one rest now please befoe this goes too far the wrong way and our events end up like school trips - a thing of the past due to the Health and Safety brigade!!
Former Club Secretary
Strato Blue 230 with ALL the optional extra's plus Hoop Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, MazdaSpeed CAI, RP High Flow CAT, RB Grills, and Fully Uprated Brakes - Gone but not forgotten!!
Born a northerner, always be a northerner - just came down south to take your jobs, money and women! :D

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Please feel free to put my post down to my paranoia kicking in or simply just bad feelings in my water :oops:

All points taken. Agreed re enough said :wink:

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:11 pm

:wink:

SteveW
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by SteveW » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Worth mentioning this again:

clicky
clicky

"Ten Pence Short" was on a run with others from another forum I read. On a road he knew well, he overcooked a bend, ran wide and took out a motorcyclist. The biker suffered serious injuries. The forum was identified from stickers on other members' cars. TPS's comments on the forum were downloaded by the police and used out of context against him. Opinions from other motorists from the previous 2.5 miles of road were also used against him. He pled guilty to a charge of dangerous driving and accepted the custodial sentence he received.

I think the throwing of the book that occurred would have been unlikely had he been out for a run alone. I think an example was made. I think we could expect similar treatment if something awful happened on one of our runs.
2004 Elise 111R
2004 350Z
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT estate

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Enough of the hysterical hand wringing :roll: ... how have we gone from an unfortunate slight incident with a moggy to the devil incarnate speed demons?
I woudn't mind but most of weren't there and KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CIRCUMSTANCES OR WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, but hey don't let that stop you whinging and moaning! Can we all climb down from the moral high ground and let this thread about the last run that I'll probably organise die a natural death.

Jon
Former Club Chairman
Former Events Coordinator
PZ,GG, SS Strakes, Tints, R B Exhaust, K&N Filter and Bonnet Stays.
190 Strato gone but not forgotten.
'08 Applecross Tug of War Winning Team Member

dirtyleeds
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dirtyleeds » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:50 pm

=D>
Well done chaps on seriously peeing off our fantastic events coordinator!
Anybody would think that he's got nothing better to do than arrange these things!! :roll:
Former Club Secretary
Strato Blue 230 with ALL the optional extra's plus Hoop Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, MazdaSpeed CAI, RP High Flow CAT, RB Grills, and Fully Uprated Brakes - Gone but not forgotten!!
Born a northerner, always be a northerner - just came down south to take your jobs, money and women! :D

Harrizone
Founder Member
Founder Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Harrizone » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:02 pm

Guys,

Can we now stop any further discussions about cats on this thread. It is about a Breakfast Run that was conducted as all of the others and was enjoyed by everyone, but has now degenerated into a discourse on the rights and wrongs of an unfortunate incident.

I own several cats and yet have been responsible for the demise of a number of them on the road, unfortunate and if it has never happened to you then you have been lucky. Anyone that attempts to avoid or violently brake for a cat/birds/foxes etc. on the road would be committing an even greater sin in my book.

Our runs are for enjoyment only and no one is encouraged to speed or drive in anything other than in a safe, courteous manner with due regard to other road users and each member within their own capability.

In fact this thread is now locked.
Now a distant memory unfortunately.

Return to “The Vault”