Breakfast Run 15 Apr 07 Jct 9 M25

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Strato Blue
Has thanked: 0

Post by DogsnutsEA » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:30 pm

WOOHOO!!!

Another fantastic run... Was a bit foggy first of all which caused some ridiculous behaviour... yes my bad. :lol:

Saying good morning to Petworth was again very amusing this morning. Especially seeing as we have Borlas and RB and PZ exhausts driving around now. :D

The breakfast was fantastic and a thoroughly good morning. Well worth the early start. Maybe we can do another one of these later on in the year. [-o<

Nice to meet those that I haven't met before and hopeully see you all again soon. I hope that those with some distance to travel get back safe.

Just need to wash the car again now to get the insect cemetry off of it. :D
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

Critters
Former Member
Former Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by Critters » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:33 pm

Great run and grub! Roll on the next one.
See ya'll at japfest.
My sites n stuff
Car Black 230, K&N Typhoon, BORLA exhaust, ice-link iPod kit, Lockwood grilles, Pilot Sports, chrome strakes, tints
HT Panasonic PTAE2000, 92" GreywolfII, Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio Radius 180's

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Post by RX8Head » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 pm

A great run even if I did bottom out just before the stop at Goodwood exhust all ok they make these Borla hardy :D .
Great run, great roads, great people, great food, great weather (after the mist/fog lifted) all in all a great morning out despite the early start :wink: .
Borla sound amazing through Petworth worth geting up early just for that 8) .

Thanks to Jon and Martin(for the tom tom itinery).

Will post some pics sometime soon.

Now off to catch up on some sleep :bored: .
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks guys n girls a great morning .... =D>
Former Club Chairman
Former Events Coordinator
PZ,GG, SS Strakes, Tints, R B Exhaust, K&N Filter and Bonnet Stays.
190 Strato gone but not forgotten.
'08 Applecross Tug of War Winning Team Member

richie al
Former Member
Former Member

Post by richie al » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:04 pm

Great run, really enjoyed it - felt really special to be part of a big prossesion of rx8's. Weather was brill after the fog - good to get those tyres screaming for mercy!
Nice to have met everybody, trying to put faces to the names on here now.

2 tanks of petrol in 2 days, no wonder the weather's hot - I love this global warming!! 8)
Velocity red 231, no sat-nav 'cos it's for girls

martinc
Former Member
Former Member

Post by martinc » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:09 pm

WOOHOO likewise. Another great day.

There was a little unwanted excitement for Captain Slow's trailing group when I met a horse rider in the middle of the road just at the brow of a hill before Halnaker and had to throw out the anchors. There were more than a few brown trousers after that close encounter methinks! I'm glad Chris' ABS worked and Ian was able to avoid both her (and me) and the Micra coming the other way, on the side of the road he had made his own.

I hope all the Tom Tom users found the itinery useful once Jon and co had disappeared into the mist. (reminder to James to change the forum to accept itn file attachments.)

Anyone fancy starting a thread listing our favorite driving routes as Sat Nav itineries? We could start it off with this one.

Hope you all got home safely..

Martin (James May without the hair)
"Gissa Job" Velocity Red 192 , Black Leather , Sylfex Aux Mod , SS Strakes, Lowered front plate, side grilles, White lights ](*,), only 8 wheels - Mile wide grin since Nov 2005

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:51 pm

Another great morning run, well worth the early start. Thanks to Jon for organising the event (and the weather, as good as last year, except for the fog, Jon :wink: ).

Great to meet up with some familiar, and new faces. The breakfast was superb. Full English "al fresco" always tastes that much better.

As for the "brown trouser" moment ^^^^^^, I was following Ian, thankfully far enough behind to stop without drama, but I watched as Ian braked VERY hard, realised he was running out of room on his side of the road, the ABS allowing him to steer very tidily into the middle of the road (nicely doen Ian). The oncoming red Micra must have had a brown touser moment. The face of the driver as he passed me was a picture.
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:12 pm

Thanks for letting me tag along in my alternative vehicle :wink:
VR 230 owned 2003-2006 - Never to be forgotten.

HypoThermia
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by HypoThermia » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey... sorry I missed it... sounds like a huge amount of fun was had by all!

Pics?

(oh, and I passed my grading - another belt, another kata :D)

Ian.
(Former Chairman, Membership Secretary, and long time Admin)
R3 Aurora Blue Mica - Racing Brake calipers, rotors and steel brake lines - Racing Beat exhaust - TARGA2 sensors - Lockwood grilles - blue LEDs - side and fog light upgrades - window tints - Eibach spacers
And still three gears left...

BigIan
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by BigIan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:23 pm

A Great run Run!!

Great to see you all. They always seem to go too quick to chat with everyone!!

Thanks to Jon for organising it and coming to get me :oops:

Ah yes!! the car steers very nicely when you're stamping on the brake in shear panic. :shock: Thank god micra's stop too.... his face was a picture...... as was mine I'm sure. I did give him a friendly (and relieved) wave of thanks tho'.

BTW I hate bloody horses!! :x

I am glad to shop seemed to be a success.

Just a quick note to all those who bought stuff. As you know it got a bit hectic, what with running out of change etc. So could you pm me with what you bought, just so I can keep track of the stock etc.

Thanks
Ian (Arkright or is it Mr Humphries?) - Yeh!! Right :roll:
Ex Committee Member, Shopkeeper, Discounts & Traders

Gone but not forgotten!:- Galaxy Grey 231, Leather, Sensors, S/S Strakes, Crest'n'Cap

Daily Drive:- 2013, Mazda6 Sport Saloon, Stormy Blue, 175ps, "72.4mpg" :^o - V12 IAN M
Weekender:- Jaguar XKR, Ultimate Black with Performance Aerodynamic Pack, Supercharged to 510bhp - SOO2 XKR
8)

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:13 pm

Well done on your grading Ian and here's some pics so you can see what you missed.

Now where did I put my 8 :scratch: .

Here's the route and remember it's not a race :salut: .

Well I had to have one of mine with its new powder coated wheels :D .

James 8 letting all that hot air out :lol: .
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:19 pm

And a few more

A break at Goodwood :sleep: .

Someone tell Jon the fog's gone :blahblah: .

8s looking mean and moody :pirat: .

Car boot sale (sorry club shop) :!: .

whathaveidone?
Former Member
Former Member

Post by whathaveidone? » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:51 pm

Yes it was a great morning out. I enjoyed it every bit as much as I expected. I have resolved to get a Satnav this week as I am fed up trying to drive and navigate at the same time :evil: Also Gabor persuaded me of merits in them I hadn't even considered.

BW have you considered going in the long range weather forecasting business? What a wonderful day for it. OK so there was a bit of fog, but it soon wore off.

Great to see so many people out. For those who didn't come this time - try harder next time! :)
ok, seems to be important: 190, Strato Blue, black leather. 29/03/06. Someone keeps stealing my fuel...

dirtyleeds
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dirtyleeds » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Cracking day peeps -loved every minute of it as always!!

Sorry Petworth :oops: ......but it was funny!!

:lol:
Former Club Secretary
Strato Blue 230 with ALL the optional extra's plus Hoop Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, MazdaSpeed CAI, RP High Flow CAT, RB Grills, and Fully Uprated Brakes - Gone but not forgotten!!
Born a northerner, always be a northerner - just came down south to take your jobs, money and women! :D

SeanP
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by SeanP » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:54 pm

Thanks to Jon for organising another fantastic run through some wonderful countryside...

Pity it was mostly old codgers in the villages, who mostly didn't even register 20+ RX8's and big fat Beemer steaming past :shock:

Must have been too far back in the pack, and missed all the Prodrive-style brake tests though :lol:

The look on a MPV driver's face was a schene as he had pointed out one-or-two of those funny Mazda cars to his OH... "There's another, and another... I don't beleive it, another, and..." :D

Great food, fantastic weather too :D

Set TomTom set to 'avoid motorways' heading to Runnymead, hence repeated a good chunk of the journey in reverse :)... Supposedly for a nice walk along the banks of the Thames with Wifey & Little'un --- but it was too hot!!

Sprry for the crap quality of the picces - they're from a camera-phone
Attachments
Image024.jpg
Image024.jpg (92.84 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Image023.jpg
Image023.jpg (97.16 KiB) Viewed 727 times
Image022.jpg
Image022.jpg (90.11 KiB) Viewed 727 times
R3, Diamond Grey = :twisted: HUGE smiles :twisted:
RoSPA & IAM (NO) Advanced Driving Tutor; Safe+Systematic+Smooth+Sparkle=FUN! Hayward rebuild@45K(s)miles, 17.5 MPG.
🏁Green Hell :D, Spa :D, AutoSolos 10+, Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x3, NorthWeald x5, Bedford SW. (Vids, Pics)🏁;
Never forget (28/08/09): 231, Titanium Grey, Leather.

SeanP
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Diamond Grey

Post by SeanP » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:30 pm

More piccies...
Attachments
Image027.jpg
Image027.jpg (94.36 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Image026.jpg
Image026.jpg (96.42 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Image025.jpg
Image025.jpg (95.7 KiB) Viewed 677 times
R3, Diamond Grey = :twisted: HUGE smiles :twisted:
RoSPA & IAM (NO) Advanced Driving Tutor; Safe+Systematic+Smooth+Sparkle=FUN! Hayward rebuild@45K(s)miles, 17.5 MPG.
🏁Green Hell :D, Spa :D, AutoSolos 10+, Donnington, Oulton, Blyton, Prodrive x3, Thruxton, Brands Hatch x3, NorthWeald x5, Bedford SW. (Vids, Pics)🏁;
Never forget (28/08/09): 231, Titanium Grey, Leather.

Chris231
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by Chris231 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Thank you to Jon and Debs for their hospitality and organising the meet. A cracking day and I think the mist made it a little more interesting.

Good to meet you all again, some for the first time.

The "emergency stop" incident was a little hairy all I remember is just hitting the anchors and hoping she would stop before I hit MartinC, smoke coming from my new tyres :cry: (thankfully they were new) only to look up to see Ian getting closer and closer and coming to a halt at the side of me phew that was a close one. I think there will be a few skid marks (on the road that is!!!)

Stuart enjoyed the run, especially with Ste. All was quiet on the way home as Stuart was asleep most of the way - lucky him.

Thank you James for getting me to the A3. The green Rover didn't take the hint and get out of your way - I think eventually he got too scared to go any faster (not that his car would anyway) hee hee.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Christine
Titanium Grey, bling wheels (set number 6) Now gone but will never be forgotten, sat nav, I-mob tracking, SS Strakes, full set of RB grills, K&N Filter and Borla zorst. Now lowered.

Just ask me where anything is, it will be in the boot!!

Now she's "the reasonably priced car is the star" as driven by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear. :notworthy:

Looked after by Rotaryrevs

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by DogsnutsEA » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:36 pm

Chris231 wrote:Thank you James for getting me to the A3. The green Rover didn't take the hint and get out of your way - I think eventually he got too scared to go any faster (not that his car would anyway) hee hee.
Apparantly as I went passed him he called me a "w a n k e r" according to Laura... Well got something to say about that... I wasn't up your backside... I didn't flash you to get out of the way... and you were the one hogging the outside lane when you could quite easily have pulled over to let us past. The temptation to undertake was starting to build up but I managed to quell the urge! Oh yea and the last thing to say on it... Bovverred!! :lol:
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

Tekken
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tekken » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Thanks Jon for organising such fantastic drive, terribly sorry I have to leave at Goodwood as my mum just called me back home with a 'damn :twisted: ' aunties early visit. Would definitely up for another one even with the same route later in the year if one can be organise.

The pictures looks fantastic, especially those at the Marina that I've missed, and thanks Dave for putting so many up. And of course all the others who have done so as well.

It's been nice seeing everyone, great day, great weather, great car, great people and a great club heh :?: :!: :?: :!:

Can't wait for Japfest and the next run like this when we have plenty of like minded people around. And please don't scare me next time James :!: :!: :!: (You know what I was referring to, though am quite sure you are good enough to get out of such trouble, but with such early start, you never know :wink: )
WilLiAm Ju
Live Life To The Max, Drive The Car To the Max
WB HP Turbo with Sunroof, Custom Blue/Black Interior, LSD Front Doors, Fully Modified Exterior, Greddy Titanium Exhaust, Adjustable TEIN Suspensions, Tinted Windows, Custom ICE, Gun Metal Alloys

Speedy36
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speedy36 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 pm

Excellent turn out for you guys sorry i couldn't make it (work ba humbug)

Great pics dave as usual.

looking forward to seeing some new and regular faces at japfest.

\:D/
Sunlight Silver 231 2006 to 2008
Black Civic Type R EP3 Final Edition 2008 to 2009
Pearlescent R3 2009 to 2013 gone and sadly missed
MX5 Sport Tech 2013 to present 8)

Juey
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Black Cherry

Post by Juey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:52 am

Thanks to all for an enjoyable morning,

esp to AW8 for his help removing some scratches from my bumper thanks to some flying debris on the M4 getting there #-o

Can't believe the exclusivity of the sunlight silver, only one there.

See you all at Japfest :D
Black Cherry Mica
JDM Evolve. 192 6 spd manual from auto
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:29 pm

No problem I keep polish in one side of the boot and my dodgy gear in the other side. :lol: :wink:
VR 230 owned 2003-2006 - Never to be forgotten.

Return to “The Vault”