Breakfast Run 4th June

Past events that the Club & Members have attended. Read-only.
fnegroni
Former Member
Former Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fnegroni » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 pm

DIY is calling me too! :-(

Can't make it. But I hope you will appreciate the tomtomGo route I made the other day and posted previously.

In exchange, wifey has allowed me to book the 26th August trackday at Bedford Autodrome! :-)

I hope you all have a good time tomorrow! :-)
I sold the RX-8, I got a Volvo.

What's wrong with me?! :-(

IainC
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by IainC » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:42 am

Sorry guys, it's looking like I'm not going to be able to make this one either.... hope you all have a great time though.
Former Mazda & Dealer Liaison Officer
Former Owner of a High Power Titanium Grey, Leather, Stainless Steel Strakes, Racing Beat Grills, Racing Beat Exhaust, Carbon Powder Coated Wheels with Bridgestone RE050As AND loved it!

AW8
Former Member
Former Member

Post by AW8 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:19 am

:evil: At time of typing this I am working - lovely day for it :cry: :cry: :cry:
VR 230 owned 2003-2006 - Never to be forgotten.

Juey
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: Import
Colour: Black Cherry

Post by Juey » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:55 pm

Really good mornings drive :P
Has anyone seen the plot?
Thoroughly enjoyed the route (there was a route?)

Peeled off on the way back to Goodwood as was getting tired of the traffic and the Moto GP was calling me more strongly than the cars at Goodwood.

Thanks to all and see you all soon

J
Black Cherry Mica
JDM Evolve. 192 6 spd manual from auto
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

orbist
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by orbist » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:00 pm

Nice blast down to Chichester to meet everyone for Breakfast, got a bit lost on way to Goodwood! Eventually found it - should never have followed those Ferrari's - and a nice drive over to the Seven Stars for lunch. Good company and all that - great weather! Look forward to the the pics.
RX-8 Owners Club Founder Member

whathaveidone?
Former Member
Former Member

Post by whathaveidone? » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:44 pm

Really nice drive. Many congrats to Jon and whoever else for devising the route. I'm home and knackered now with 265 miles on the clock and still 1/8 tank of gas left according according to the fuel gauge.

Excellent breakfast - one of the best full english's I have had in a long time, almost worth going on my own next time I'm hungry!

Apolgies to those who appeared to be following in the belief I knew the way back to Goodwood :oops: . I thought I would see a sign and then when I didn't I thought I'd just go home . Then I changed my mind and came back and found it. It appeared to be thinning out a bit by then, so I had a quick walk round and left.

Great to meet some more Rexers, especially such key players and Big Withey and Druck.

Will start looking to see what I can come to next.... :D :D
ok, seems to be important: 190, Strato Blue, black leather. 29/03/06. Someone keeps stealing my fuel...

martinc
Former Member
Former Member

Post by martinc » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:42 pm

Another excellent BW event. Well done to our super event co-ordinator!

As reluctant leader of the trailing group, I hope I didn't go to slowly for those behind me. Thanks to Fnegroni and his Tom Tom Itinery that got me (us) safely to Goodwood with only one minor diversion where "Jane " thought she knew better than BW's written user guide. - after Goodwood the Tom Tom got a bit confused and that, combined with some slightly ambiguous written instructions explains why some of you saw me hurtling back towards you at one point. Thank goodness the ladies had more sense of direction than me.

And what a laff to be rejoined later by some of the leading pack and our leader himself who allegedly had also found a use for the "L" word.

Hopefully the only casualty of the day was the squirrel, who hesitated one moment too long as my "trailing" convoy approached at 65mph. He never knew what hit him - eight times in quick succession!

Nice to meet with some more of you - looking forward to the next event.
"Gissa Job" Velocity Red 192 , Black Leather , Sylfex Aux Mod , SS Strakes, Lowered front plate, side grilles, White lights ](*,), only 8 wheels - Mile wide grin since Nov 2005

honeyball
Former Member
Former Member

Post by honeyball » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:16 pm

Excellent drive. Following BW in the lead group was fun!! :twisted:

Great to meet some more folk!

Looking forward to the next one! :D
Velocity Red High Power, Leather, Sat-Nav, Racing Beat Exhaust, S/S Strakes, S/S Crest, Lowered Offset Front Plate. Sold! :(

Now got 3 litres, 6 cylinders, and 210bhp. :D

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by DogsnutsEA » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:43 pm

Another great day chaps with brilliant company yet again... It was nice to meet some other people that I haven't met before. Thanks BigW for your skillfull finese of organisation yet again. :wink:
whathaveidone? wrote:Apolgies to those who appeared to be following in the belief I knew the way back to Goodwood :oops: . I thought I would see a sign and then when I didn't I thought I'd just go home . Then I changed my mind and came back and found it. It appeared to be thinning out a bit by then, so I had a quick walk round and left.
We went wrong at the very begining because a certain person that we were following decided to lose us without letting us know roughly where he was going. Not mentioning any names (DirtyLeeds) :lol: :D
And it was me and druck following you... :D The sign for goodwood was concealed slightly by a tree... :( Where other road users were turning right, you bombed it straight on... I indictated right then chased after you to get you to turn round... Druck turned right up to goodwood and I followed you for ages flashing at you and trying not to confuse other drivers :D but after a few miles I gave up and spun a U-Turn to go back. Thought you were going home :D Mental note for future... Keep an eye on your mirrors for flashing lights... :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you made it to see a few super cars anyway. :D

All in all a fantastic day with wonderful weather and wonderful food and people and cars and grass and gravel and.... you get my point :lol:

Looking forward to the next one already 8)
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:44 pm

Well another great turn out, we're getting good at this guys :wink: A big thanks to everyone that turned up this morning, we couldn't have had better weather or company and I glad the everyone seemed to have a good time.
Apologies for the spirited :shock: :roll: driving on the way down :oops: but with Debs riding with Chris321 I was let off the leash so to speak and the old red mist descended, I was impressed that a few of you 230 boys kept up :wink:

A special mention has to go to Chris321 for coming down from Ooop north just for the run =D> , I hope we didn't scare you too much...we're a friendly bunch really.

8)
Jon

** New record 19 cars on the day :shock: **
Former Club Chairman
Former Events Coordinator
PZ,GG, SS Strakes, Tints, R B Exhaust, K&N Filter and Bonnet Stays.
190 Strato gone but not forgotten.
'08 Applecross Tug of War Winning Team Member

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:00 pm

A really great day out. The 5am start was well worth it; weather superb, a fun run down to Chichester, breakfast in lovely surroundings, and some awesome cars at Goodwood. I'm absolutley knackered now after 300+ miles :lol:

Well done to Jon (and anyone else) who helped organise the day. A few pics............
Attachments
Goodwood3.jpg
Lambo
Goodwood3.jpg (94.21 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Goodwood1.jpg
Parking at Goodwood Supercars
Goodwood1.jpg (82.23 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Goodwood2.jpg
Goodwood on the way down
Goodwood2.jpg (72.02 KiB) Viewed 1069 times
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

whathaveidone?
Former Member
Former Member

Post by whathaveidone? » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:06 pm

DogsnutsEA wrote: I indictated right then chased after you to get you to turn round... Druck turned right up to goodwood and I followed you for ages flashing at you and trying not to confuse other drivers :D
Well I did see Druck flash and turn off but couldn't be sure why, and still thought I may see a sign. I did see you flash when you turned back and possibly before too, though I am now too tired to remember the detail or my thought processes at the time :? . I think part of me was thinking home and the other part thought that if I saw a sign I'd go to Goodwood. Anyway I'm impressed at your determination, if it had been me I would have given up ages before :)

A general word of warning to all on future trips: never that assume that I know where I'm going :wink:
ok, seems to be important: 190, Strato Blue, black leather. 29/03/06. Someone keeps stealing my fuel...

Weirdfish
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Weirdfish » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:08 pm

casey wrote:I'm absolutley knackered now after 300+ miles :lol:

seconded :lol:
Steve

Back on the piston darkside.

Who needs kids, I've embraced my inner child.

NigelS
Former Member
Former Member

Post by NigelS » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:03 pm

I knew I should have looked at this forum recently! I have somehow become a lapsed reader.

I have never heard of the Breakfast Club until my Brother asked if I could take him because his VX220's radiator exploded on the M3 last week! We arrived at about 8.30 so managed to look around without too much trouble, only saw two other 8's (I was parked in the corner near to the flying club house).

Brill morning out, left at about 10.00 to try and beat the traffic home. Glad everyone had a great time!

Nigel

Chris231
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Chris231 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:28 am

Morning guys, I arrived home safe and well at 7pm last night very tired and with an extra 610 miles on clock. I enjoyed myself very much and it was lovely to meet you all. I was very nervous during the drive to Chichester (think I'm a bit slow - need to go on the track!!). Although I think Debs did a wonderful job navigating - I think I would have ended up in Devon without a co-driver. :D

I was very excited, somebody actually waved at me first, it's never happened to me up here. (Sad aren't I!!!)

My special thanks go to Debs and Jon who made me feel very welcome and gave me a bed for the night. =D> and for organising such a lovely run and the weather couldn't have been better (apparently it was raining up here on Sunday morning ha ha).

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the day and hopefully see some of you again sometime.

Christine :wink:
Titanium Grey, bling wheels (set number 6) Now gone but will never be forgotten, sat nav, I-mob tracking, SS Strakes, full set of RB grills, K&N Filter and Borla zorst. Now lowered.

Just ask me where anything is, it will be in the boot!!

Now she's "the reasonably priced car is the star" as driven by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear. :notworthy:

Looked after by Rotaryrevs

orbist
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by orbist » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:42 pm

casey wrote:A few pics............
That lambo gets right in the way of those loverly Noble M12's just behind the red thing ;) I have a bit of a soft spot for the M12...

PS. Any more pics people, Jon can you post or PM the one you took of mine and DogsN in the field. Ta

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:50 pm

Err .... I think I deleted it ... can't find it now :roll: :oops: :?

Full English all round!!

Having a breather half way waiting for the 230's to catch up :wink:

8)
Jon
Former Club Chairman

Tomsk
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tomsk » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 am

NigelS wrote: We arrived at about 8.30 so managed to look around without too much trouble, only saw two other 8's (I was parked in the corner near to the flying club house).

Brill morning out, left at about 10.00 to try and beat the traffic home. Glad everyone had a great time!

Nigel
Well, we missed out on the main bit (I had to play in a National bar billiards tournament at Worthing later and the adrenalin rush from a fraught journey down would have not been ideal preparation), but we made it to Goodwood and we saw your nice shiny velocity red !
Only saw three other RX/8's and couldn't find the field where all the others were lined up despite wifey and I strolling round for two hours looking. So didn't get to speak to anyone except to a nice friendly steward !
We were parked behind a row of a dozen Caterham 7's. There was much in the away of exotic motors to be drooled over - I counted 30 red Ferraris - there IS money around. Also fascinated by the gull-winged Lambos, TVRs (different models in the range), a couple of nice Astons, Chevvy Corvettes (at least a dozen), a Noble, a Maserati, an AC Aceca, some classic Alfas, a vintage Lagonda ....to name but a few. A snigger also went up as a Mondeo drove in !
S/Silver, 192ps, b. Jan 2004 - 22,000 miles, 1 mod only (= oil cooler protection grilles), 2 ProDrives, 12 meets. Still feels like a new car !

Foxy Lady
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Foxy Lady » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Ooooohhhh a picture of Druck.... it's been sooooo long. I'd almost forgotten.... :wink:

Tomsk
Former Member
Former Member

Breakfast Run 4th June

Post by Tomsk » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks for the clarification.
Anyway, some nice photos from Casey and BigW. I see Rob (Re-formed Driver) turned up, and hope you gave him a good send off.
S/Silver, 192ps, b. Jan 2004 - 22,000 miles, 1 mod only (= oil cooler protection grilles), 2 ProDrives, 12 meets. Still feels like a new car !

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:16 pm

On another note Tomsk me old flower, how did you get on at the Sussex Open :wink:

8)
Jon
Former Club Chairman

Tomsk
Former Member
Former Member

Breakfast run 4th June

Post by Tomsk » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Thanks for asking. I surprised even myself by reaching the last 16 before losing to the eventual runner-up - not bad for a National competition.

http://www.sussexbarbilliards.com/Susse ... 6/Draw.htm

martinc
Former Member
Former Member

Post by martinc » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:00 pm

As I explained to the Surrey pub meet yesterday, the breakfast run cost me an extra £70 - as the pics clearly show, I was about the only one without strakes
:oops:
- quick visit to Howard's website last night and a set duly ordered! http://www.rx8-accessories.com/rx8-accessories.html

And it didn't end there! After talking to BW at the Twynersh, went on to visit FancyPlates
"Gissa Job" Velocity Red 192 , Black Leather , Sylfex Aux Mod , SS Strakes, Lowered front plate, side grilles, White lights ](*,), only 8 wheels - Mile wide grin since Nov 2005

dirtyleeds
Club Member
Club Member

Post by dirtyleeds » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:13 pm

So come on then! Show us your fancy plate!! :D
Former Club Secretary
Strato Blue 230 with ALL the optional extra's plus Hoop Spoiler, Borla Exhaust, MazdaSpeed CAI, RP High Flow CAT, RB Grills, and Fully Uprated Brakes - Gone but not forgotten!!
Born a northerner, always be a northerner - just came down south to take your jobs, money and women! :D

orbist
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by orbist » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:36 pm

martinc wrote:As I explained to the Surrey pub meet yesterday, the breakfast run cost me an extra £70 - as the pics clearly show, I was about the only one without strakes
:oops:
- quick visit to Howard's website last night and a set duly ordered! http://www.rx8-accessories.com/rx8-accessories.html

And it didn't end there! After talking to BW at the Twynersh, went on to visit FancyPlates
Ahhh... and so it begins... be careful, this car can run away with your wallet - and I don't just mean at the petrol pumps ;)

Return to “The Vault”