First track day - advice please!

Equipment that may be needed plus general information on track days.
Holty
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
RX-8: 231
Colour: Velocity Red
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: First track day - advice please!

Post by Holty »

Mani,

Glad to hear you enjoyed the RX8 up the hill.

I'm booking mine on for an open session reverse direction on Monday 20th May 6 - 8pm £60 which will be my first adventure on track in the Rex and 1st time in the wrong direction lol

I have a fair bit of track day experience especially round knockhill but as this is my 1st rear wheel drive should be a steep learning curve haha

How was the car on oil and fuel on your track day?
Mani
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by Mani »

@casey - Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

@Holty - I filled up with V-Power at Crook of Devon 10min away before heading out, and it had used over a quarter tank when I left the track. Including the motorway trek back to Gla, I think I got about 80m to the half tank indicator, whereas I normally get around 125m. As for oil, topped up to full before I went, and it seemed to have used very little which I was surprised at, given I was at the limiter several times per lap. Where are you based btw, and any knockhill day recommendations? I was planning to steer clear of reverse days as a track newbie, I reckon downhill through the chicane will be interesting!
New: GT86, Red, Manual, Custom Leather
Previous: '08 RX8 231, Galaxy Grey
Holty
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Holty »

I'm in East Kilbride.

I have done most track days, hot hatches have improved lot but you get better value for money on the open pit sessions. On a hot hatch you get about 10 mins every hour, think at most you will be out 5 times. If someone goes off and car is in dangerous position they will just end your session.

Hot marques and track nights are best option and tend to be bit quieter, as open bit you can go out as much as you like.

The reverse should be just as easy as normal, famous last words!

Return to “Trackday Information & FAQ's”