Harry's App

Equipment that may be needed plus general information on track days.
nik_endeavour
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Harry's App

Post by nik_endeavour »

I found this yesterday while looking for some apps. I installed it on my iPhone and it looks quite good, especially is you are a regular visitor to tracks.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/harrys- ... 88598?mt=8
Wolfrace Shark 18" Split Rims Black/Polished Metal, Illuminated Gear Knob, Oil Catch Can
Custom Magnecor 8.5 mm Leads, Rotary Revs Ignition Coils (Anodised Red), Go point technologies Bluetooth ODBII Real Time Reader, Nexus 7 in SatNav Enclosure, LED Interior lights, LED Sidelights, LED Registration lights

To do: Sohn adapter and custom tank
RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

Re: Harry's App

Post by RX8Head »

Funny I was looking at this only the other day I was thinking of getting it for my ipad, let us know how you get on with it also do you know what UK tracks it covers.
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .
WildMan10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Re: Harry's App

Post by WildMan10 »

IIRC Brands is on their track list but you need a specialized GPS aerial with an iphone or similar smart phone.

I've now done my second track day and am now thinking of getting a track day timing device that's usable without being obvious (those pesky bans on timing devices at track days!). Oh for those serenely-simple days of my karting 25-30 years ago when an observer-operated digital stop watch was the height of sophistication.

My sat nav for running, a Garmin 305 Forerunner, has a GPS-triggered lap timer function that may do the job but I've not tried it out yet and the readout numbers are small.

Ian
ps to be clear (as I often use to start emails to my ex-wife), I'm a big boy and won't let lap times affect my driving - I'm interested for interest's sake and to see what difference changes to my car and/or set up make.
Ian
Now back to one, a white R3. Gone but not forgotten: 04 Tit Grey 231, 06 Copper Red Evolve (231), 09 VR R3, 10 Aurora Blue R3, 06 Black PZ; RX87 13BREW project car ;-( ; 04 White with Greddy turbo conversion ;-(

Buying a used RX8 turbo is like marrying a stripper.
Beware - older people may be cr@p drivers but they can afford better lawyers

Return to “Trackday Information & FAQ's”