The allocation has now been sold, but places are still available at the (quite reasonable) standard price of £139
For those of you who haven't been to this event before, it has become a popular event, a bit of a tradition really, although not quite on the scale or prestige of Wimbledon It has been a regular event in the club calendar since 2008. Harrizone, Zarterone and Casey have attended every December Brands Hatch day since then
Link to last year's thread - LINK HERE
So, let's start the ball rolling
Track and event details for anyone new;
Length - 1.2 miles (Indy)
Corners - 5
Noise - 105db (compulsory stationary test)
PROVISIONAL TIMINGS OF THE DAY:
- Sign On 07:30 - 08:30
- Briefing: 08:30am
- OPL from 09.00
- Lunch 12.30-13.30
- OPL 13.30
- Track Closes 16.00 (Day light permitting)
Book your place via THIS LINK
Newcomers to trackdays are very welcome; please be aware that the track can be a little cold, wet and greasy at this time of the year, so can be more challenging (and fun) to drive Luckily, we've often been blessed with cool, but bight, sunny days, where most of the track dries out and warms up a bit by lunchtime. Of course, I won't mention the year the event was postponed due to 2 feet of snow
We should be able to offer a "Buddy" to anyone who requests one. This means you will be assigned an experienced trackday driver who will stay with you from the very start of the day until you are happy to unite the knot The Buddy can help you as much or as little as you want; help with checking your car, signing on, noise testing, getting to the briefing, passenger laps (you driving, and/or Buddy driving to show lines), etc. I always recommend people new to the track also book a "formal" tuition slot, 20 mins with a qualified instructor for ~£20. Great value for money if you are new to trackday driving.
If you are unfamiliar with Brands Hatch then this will help you visualise what it's like to drive;
A “nearside foglight” perspective;
1. Turn your sound down low, the wind noise isn't good!
2. Click on the 360p and select 720p to get the HD version of the video.
If you have any questions, please post up here or PM Malcolm (casey).
- Zarterone (Paul)
- casey (Malcolm)
- stewartm (Stew) & (Katie)
- GreySilver Beast (Nigel) + GrimReaper (Dan)
- Harrizone (Ray)
- tractorboy (Bob)
- Ian.Mothersole (Ian)
- J2daG1990 Joe
- Arnie_O (Aston)
- Lennycarloff (Jim)
- RickyG512 (Ricky) sold to Ray
- GSB (Nigel) - Standard Menu
- casey (Malcolm) - Festive Menu
- Harrizone (Ray) - Daytime Menu
- stewartm (Stewart) - Standard Menu?
- KJB (Katie) - Festive Menu?
- Zarterone (Paul) - Standard Menu
- Ian.M (Ian) - Standard Menu
- WildMan10 (Ian) - Festive Menu
- Feathers (Anne) - Festive Menu
- lennycarloff (Jim) - Standard Menu
- Arnie_O (Aston)
- Conan (Pete) - Standard Menu - possible
- Clive - Standard Menu - possible