Prodrive III (2007) - Comments

A record and archive of car activity and track days attended by Club members. Read-only.
mikezero
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Titanium Grey
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Prodrive III (2007) - Comments

Post by mikezero » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks to Jon & Debs for organising another successful Club Prodrive day.

Yet again the day passed away for too quickly.

Looking forward to next year's event already.

Mike.

Speedy36
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speedy36 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:02 pm

:?: where are the pics :?:

normally some one has posted some by now!!!! :wink:
Sunlight Silver 231 2006 to 2008
Black Civic Type R EP3 Final Edition 2008 to 2009
Pearlescent R3 2009 to 2013 gone and sadly missed
MX5 Sport Tech 2013 to present 8)

JWatts
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231

Post by JWatts » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Critters has normally created his video masterpiece by now :wink:

Thanks again to Jon & Debs. Nice to meet new friends and old.

Hope everyone had a safe trip back...see you at the next one. Next week for the midlanders :wink:
High Power Titanium....with lots of toys gone, but not forgotten and being looked after here :-)

Uncle Bob
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Uncle Bob » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Hang on Mark,
We're just getting home :lol:
I thought I had done it all when I did the Mazda Prodrive day two and a half years ago but this just brought me back into shape again.
What a performer (and I'm not talking about Jang's boxing moves).

Thanks Jon & Debs again for a great weekend and to everybody for making this club great.
T/Grey 230, leather, SatNav, Eibach lowering kit.
Now gone but not forgotten (05/04/05 - 23/05/09)

HypoThermia
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica

Post by HypoThermia » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Absolutely fantastic - a big thanks for all the organizing =D> =D> =D>

The high speed track was a blast to drive again (even though I picked up a few rubber cones and redistributed them around the track - sorry to everyone else that followed me :oops:). Enjoyed the new slalom course (it was like Tesco, Jon... Tesco carpark). The adverse handling was... well... adverse (I was drifting and need to get my suspension looked at... :?). The black ice simulator was excellent - I had such a giggle going around that circle :lol:

Had that buzz all the way home - I've got a fantastic car (and so have all of you!) and am just bowled over by realizing how little I truly make of it. :twisted:

Thanks RX8OC, thanks ProDrive, and thanks Mazda. :xmassmile:

Ian.
(Former Chairman, Membership Secretary, and long time Admin)
R3 Aurora Blue Mica - Racing Brake calipers, rotors and steel brake lines - Racing Beat exhaust - TARGA2 sensors - Lockwood grilles - blue LEDs - side and fog light upgrades - window tints - Eibach spacers
And still three gears left...

Speedy36
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speedy36 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:12 pm

Uncle Bob wrote:Hang on Mark,
We're just getting home :lol:

:wink: I just wanted to go green with envy on what i missed out on.......I don't do myself any favors in trying to get the 8 experience out of my head :wink: :cry:

Critters
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Critters » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:14 pm

Just got home, give us a chance! Thanks to all for a great weekend!
My sites n stuff
Car Black 230, K&N Typhoon, BORLA exhaust, ice-link iPod kit, Lockwood grilles, Pilot Sports, chrome strakes, tints
HT Panasonic PTAE2000, 92" GreywolfII, Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio Radius 180's

JWatts
Former Member
Former Member

Post by JWatts » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:19 pm

Critters wrote:Just got home, give us a chance! Thanks to all for a great weekend!
That's not bad. I hope you didn't do more than 70mph :oops: :wink:
High Power Titanium....with lots of toys gone, but not forgotten and being looked after here :-)

Nice But
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Nice But » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:24 pm

What can i say....... Jon and Debs, thanks again for a superb event. =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

As many have said, we own and drive one outstanding car, the Prodrive day proves it........ Roll on next year and Fi wants to play on the skating rink :lol: :lol: she loved the day as much as I did.

This day is the proof that this Club is superb......

Thanks again guys top day........

I'll have a fanny around and see if I can get some piccy's up in a seperate thread.
Tim
MX5 2.0 Launch Edition 2005 - Velocity Red with Eibach boingies.Racing Beat Zorst - not quite an 8 but lots of fun still.
Ex 231hp true blue, Winning Blue 56 plate Sadly missed

http://www.2into.co.uk

Chris231
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Chris231 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:43 pm

Wow that was just awesome. A big thank you to Jon and Debs for organising another brilliant event. It was great to see friends old and new and a thank you to the guys at Prodrive.

Once I had put my knitting safely in the boot, I particularly liked the fast track. wee hee. Sorry to the guys who I overtook :twisted: (well not really!!!).

There were lots of Pheasants there. I think they must have been looking for Speedy36.

Jang - you "Float like a butterly & sting like a bee" hee hee great boxing moves.

Congratulations to James for winning the timed event. No end to your talents.

John - I hope your car gets better soon and the problem isn't a big one.

Great weekend all round.

Christine
Titanium Grey, bling wheels (set number 6) Now gone but will never be forgotten, sat nav, I-mob tracking, SS Strakes, full set of RB grills, K&N Filter and Borla zorst. Now lowered.

Just ask me where anything is, it will be in the boot!!

Now she's "the reasonably priced car is the star" as driven by Jason Plato on Fifth Gear. :notworthy:

Looked after by Rotaryrevs

Speedy36
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Speedy36 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Chris231 wrote:There were lots of Pheasants there. I think they must have been looking for Speedy36.

:twisted: :wink: :D 8)
cheeky 8)

Joanie
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Joanie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:48 pm

Wow - you all got back so fast - not breaking any speed limits I hope. :D

Good to see some familiar faces and to meet some new ones - thanks to mikezero for the unmissable skid-pan experience! :shock: Andy and I had a great time today! :D Also good to meet Uncle Bob and Rutz today - hope you all got home safely.

Thanks again to Jon and Debs for organising today and all the committee for all their work with this forum etc during the year. The AGM was great and unmissable! :lol:

Joanie

BIGWITHEY
Club Member
Club Member

Post by BIGWITHEY » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Well what can I say!! It was great to see so many new faces today and it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves, so if you lot keep coming I'll keep organising 'em.

Thanks
Jon
Former Club Chairman
Former Events Coordinator
PZ,GG, SS Strakes, Tints, R B Exhaust, K&N Filter and Bonnet Stays.
190 Strato gone but not forgotten.
'08 Applecross Tug of War Winning Team Member

jang
Former Member
Former Member

Post by jang » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Thanks to Jon & Debs for yet another super well organised event and sorry about the stress it put you through near the end (we did not use any of the £5,000,000 this time 8) ).
Sorry (NOT) for winning the Wii, this is the first decent thing I have ever won. Maz was right when she said the tickets Debs dropped in giving them to me were winners, psychic or what :shock: I can't wait to see the vid (Oh my God I can just imagine it )
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:.
Another great day on the track proving yet again what a great car we have and what a lot I still have to learn :oops: :shock: :shock: :? 8)
Maz loved the adverse handling with comment from the instructor such as "She's a Mad driver" :lol: :lol: (Not like me then) and "she's a maniac" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Hopefully to do it all again in December :wink: :wink:

Thanks again to everyone for being a great crowd of people and a credit to the club 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jan and Maniac Maz

Pics and vid to follow
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix
His was RX8 Velocity Red, RX8 Galaxy Grey - Gone but not forgotten
Now Ford Focus RS 300BHP 163 MPH Frozen White Lux pack 1 and USB/BT Yes it has front wheel drive!
Hers MX5 Copper Red Mica Roadster coupe. Lowered, EBC Greenstuff brakes

sammo
Former Member
Former Member

Post by sammo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Just got back from today's club Pro-Drive; what a great day; enjoyed every moment; fast bits; slippy stuff; really twisty track and cones....

Thanks to John and all the club members involved in organising this event..

Going to have to do more with the RX8 and the club.... :D

SteveW
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by SteveW » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:17 pm

More thanks from us for Jon & Debs, we had a great time. Even better than last year (and last year was fantastic). The standard of the instruction was truly impressive. Videos and photos to come, once we've got ourselves sorted.
2004 Elise 111R
2004 350Z
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT estate

DogsnutsEA
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Strato Blue

Post by DogsnutsEA » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:20 pm

sammo wrote:Going to have to do more with the RX8 and the club.... :D
We'll hold you to that...

See you for the next surrey monthly meet then :wink:

Thanks Jon and Debs and Committee... Yes Steve (DL) that includes you... :D

So who has the auto-task times?? :D
James (Former Club Tart (now owned by Hypothermia)/Annual Show 'n' Shine Winner 2006/Prodrive AutoTest Champ 2007)

MazdaSpeed 230 Strato with Grey Trim, DoB 22-03-06. Borla Exhaust, GunMetal Grey Strakes, Chrome MazdaSpeed Badges, Black MazdaSpeed Rear Brake-light Decal, Rear Parking Sensors, Leather Handbrake, Leather Front/Rear Console Lids, Illuminated Gearknob, RED Interior LEDs, RED LED Puddle Lights, LED Sidelights, Xenon Fog Lights. Now with MazdaSpeed GunMetal Grey Alloys.

pazza98
Former Member
Former Member

Post by pazza98 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:22 pm

To everyone who helped organise and to everyone who turned up for being part of a great weekend. Special mention has to go to Jon and Debs for organising and the staff at Prodrive for providing an excellent location and great instructors. Also to all those who took photos and video I look forward to seeing the results (no pressure ;) ).

Great to see you all and hope to you you at another event soon.
Toyota small car :(

Nice But
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Nice But » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:41 pm

Link to photo's here
Tim
MX5 2.0 Launch Edition 2005 - Velocity Red with Eibach boingies.Racing Beat Zorst - not quite an 8 but lots of fun still.
Ex 231hp true blue, Winning Blue 56 plate Sadly missed

http://www.2into.co.uk

Jester
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Jester » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:48 pm

:D FANTASTIC! :D

Thanks to all that helped organise any part of this weekend, and thanks to ALL of you there for making Donna and myself feel so very welcome yet again. It's a pleasure to spend time with you all.

I'm glad Donna talked me into the Prodrive day. When the list first went up I was thinking of the dosh, and she knew straight away that I couldn't not do it! So, thanks again Donna (Yes I thanked her in person as well! :roll: )
:kiss:

And.. I know we live just down the road, but I had to go to Sheffield and back to pick up the kids! :-({|= :)
James - Ex-committee member
RX-8 now long gone. Current car - 2021 Jaguar I-Pace EV400 HSE

" When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "
- Michael Delaney (Steve McQueen) in 'Le Mans' 1971

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:37 am

:thumleft: Just wanted to add my thanks to all involved in organising the weeeeeekend! =D> =D> (to quote James [DogsnutsEA] "Thanks Jon and Debs and Committee... Yes Steve (DL) that includes you ... ") all your efforts are appreciated. Thanks everybody else I met and spoke to who I hadn't met or spoken to before for making my brother and me so welcome too. :D

John from Barnsley (sorry didn't catch your forum name) - I hope your car is fixed soon mate - and that it isn't too serious or costly ... gutted for you! :tear:

I now have a little more idea of my limits :oops: - and I'm nowhere near knowing the limits of the car - that's probably the best way round though!

Talking limits - next time I go (I really hope you will be arranging another next year?) someone remind me not to be a passenger on the adverse handling track! :puke: It was touch and go for a couple of minutes there. :oops:

I will attempt to add a couple of photos my brother took somewhere when I can ...

Thanks again everybody. :thumright:
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 am

Even better than last year (the event, not my driving :oops: )!

Thanks especially to Jon and Debs (and anyone else involved) for organising this event. I did the Tower Circuit last thing in the day and the adrenaline buzz hung around for a good while into the evening.

All the instructors I had were superb. Every time I go on one of these events I learn something new about the capability of our fantastic car.

I have to especially thank the instructors for allowing my 18 yr old son, who has never driven my car before, to go on the adverse handling, skid pan and Tower Circuit. Steven was a bit wary on the adverse handling session (our first one of the day), but was frightening quick on the Tower circuit (with me in the back [-o< :shock: ), encouraged by the fearless instructor, Lee.

The level of tuition (and great advice) Steven got from Kev, the West Mercia traffic cop, on the skid pan was worth the price of the day alone. By the end of the session Steven was controlling the skids all the way down the pan, having never driven a rear-wheel drive car before! I have a windcreen mount video of the whole session, with Kev's instructional advice that will be winging it's way to my son (at Uni) as a lifetime refresher of that experience, that may well save his bacon in years to come.

It was also a great pleasure, as always, to meet up with members of the club, old and new. It's the members that make this such a tuely great club. A shame this time that I missed the usual AGM evening "shinaniggins", as I went over to spend some time with Steven, who's been away from home at nearby Warwick Uni for the past six weeks. I'm sure the compromising photos of the AGM evening will be along shortly :D
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

vikkic
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Evolve
Colour: Copper Red

Post by vikkic » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 am

Thanks all for a great day, and a special thanks to Jon, Debs and everyone else involved in the organising!!!

I loved the high speed circuit in reverse - I can't remember squealing my way round the corners the last time!

Stevie and I laughed all the way round the timed section - god knows how many cones I knocked down, but her shouting "go on Mum, go on Mum" spurred me on a bit!!

See you all at the next one!!!!
Vikki

Copper Evolve - now with stripes and plates
Gone but not forgotten: 192 Velocity Red, Sunroof, Leather
Summer runner: Audi Cabriolet 2.6 V6 SLine (complete with mould and even more leaks!)

ploz
Founder Member
Founder Member
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by ploz » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:54 am

What more can I say - but to add my thanks to all who were involved in organising the day.

Jai thouroughly enjoyed the experience and I feel a bit happier about her driving the 8 now - she has been insured on it for only about 4 weeks so far. Unfortunately, this means I may never get to drive it myself again :roll:
There once was a man from Essex,
Who was potty over Mazda RXs.
He ordered an 8,
and had to wait,
But when it arrived, said "tis better than sex is".

Russf
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Russf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:21 pm

Totally agree with comments. Excellent day, had a great time.

Thanks to Jon and Debs for all the organising.
Brilliant Black, 231, SmartNav, Strakes, Red Calipers, K&N Air Filter, Borla Exhaust

Return to “Car Activity and Track days Archive”