Black 231, 44k miles £2500, 12 month MOT **SOLD**

Club Members wanting to sell their RX-8 privately (also where Club Members should post cars they are breaking for parts)
Drew231
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Kuro Black

Black 231, 44k miles £2500, 12 month MOT **SOLD**

Post by Drew231 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:23 pm

I have enjoyed my time with this amazing car but the arrival of a large campervan on the driveway is forcing me to sell my RX8 and my 340i. I thought I'd advertise here first in case a forum member is looking for a well looked after car that is very track friendly.

I have taken maintained my RX8 fastidiously for the last three years and it has never let me down once in that time, including more than 10 track days at Castle Combe, Snetterton, Thruxton, Brands etc. I have set out below the good points and things that if I were a perfectionist I might look at:

2004 231ps RX8, 44k miles, 12 month MOT, black with black and red leather heated electric seats, aircon etc. No cruise control.

I am the second owner and purchased the car from a friend who owned it from new. Neither of us used it as a daily drive, hence the low mileage.
Brand new PZ suspension last year.
D585s and uprated wiring
Braided brake lines
Full service including spark plugs, plus new Pagid discs and pads in May of this year
Spare set of standard alloys with Federal track day tyres - probably good for a couple more track days. The wheels fit nicely in the rear of the car if the seat cases and backs are removed, leaving the boot free for the rest of the track day essentials.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres, decent tread
New windscreen this year
Replacement radio display as was missing a few pixels - now working perfectly

It is a 16 year old car so its definitely not in perfect condition. It has a couple of slight car park dents, a crack in the rear light cluster and a scuff on the rear bumper. Looks good in spite of these issues, as you can see from the pics.

Overall it pulls strongly, handles amazingly well on it's PZ suspension and has provided many days of enjoyment at the track without missing a beat. Friends who have driven it on track days are always surprised at the speed it carries around corners, particularly more flowy tracks like Thruxton and Castle Combe.

£2500 ono.

Send a PM with any questions or offers.
Attachments
Snetterton.jpg
Silverstone.png
Bedford.png
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
These users thanked the author Drew231 for the post:
Vj4sothername (Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:18 am)

Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: Black 231, 44k miles £2500, 12 month MOT

Post by Shagrington » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:10 am

Drew231 has read-only access to this thread and will not be able to reply here to any questions, expressions of interest etc Please send Drew231 a PM with any questions or offers.
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes

Return to “RX-8s for sale”