PZ Suspension Sets and PZ Rear Springs - Club Stock

Announcements from the Club Shopkeeper and suggestions from Club Members etc.
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

PZ Suspension Sets and PZ Rear Springs - Club Stock

Post by casey »

Conan kindly organised a very popular Group Buy in 2018 to purchase complete sets of PZ suspension units and pairs of PZ rear suspension springs. As Mazda no longer stock these items for sale, the Committee joined the Group Buy, investing some Club Funds in order to purchase 8 PZ full suspension sets and 4 pairs of PZ rear springs. These items were purchased as part of the Club’s ongoing policy to support the preservation of RX-8’s. The stock will enable Members to keep their PZ models on the road with PZ spec replacements. Additionally, Members with non-PZ models may choose to fit these units to improve handling, especially for cars that are taken on track.

These items are now available for purchase at the following prices:

PZ item pricing v2.JPG
PZ item pricing v2.JPG (19.71 KiB) Viewed 5695 times

For comparison, a full set of R3 suspension units from Mazda UK would set you back £2,365 (even a set of S1 units would cost £1,316) so the Club prices offer a VERY significant discount.

Given the limited stock, sales will be strictly limited to one set (rear springs or suspension sets) per purchaser. The Committee also feel it is only fair to vet purchase requests to ensure the original aims of holding this stock are fulfilled, given Club funds were used to buy the stock.

If you are interested in purchasing a full PZ suspension set or pair of rear springs, then please post up below, giving some brief details of your situation. Members will be given priority and, at least initially, any sales at the “Member Price” will be restricted to those Members who have been fully paid up since the date of the 2018 AGM (25 March).

In an attempt to be fair to all Members, the Committee will require all purchasers to formally agree that should their plans change and the items are no longer wanted, the Club can repurchase, less a reasonable handling fee.
These users thanked the author casey for the post:
warpc0il (Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 am)
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, "Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3
bigpete8
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Re: PZ Suspension Sets and PZ Rear Springs - Club Stock

Post by bigpete8 »

Does the best sob story get them for free?
These users thanked the author bigpete8 for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 pm)
Sunlight Silver 231

Pete/Peter him/he/hrh couldn't really care as have 3 siblings and was lucky not to get called by the dogs name.

Living with a rotary - 7 Years in
viewtopic.php?p=1105043#p1105043
V8 Power
Former Member
Former Member

Post by V8 Power »

It is also worth reminding members that the PZ suspension units are a direct replacement for R3 suspension as this has been successfully trialed.
“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence " Carl Sagan.
tony8xr
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by tony8xr »

Hello there
I would like to purchase a full set for my 2008 all standard and only on 31,500 miles.
Just would have to find a way around the cruel speed humps the local council has installed around my village.
Thanks from Tony
Drew231
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Kuro Black
Been thanked: 0

Post by Drew231 »

Hi there, I’d like to purchase a full set. These are for an upgrade to the standard shocks on my 2004 231. Am a paid up member as of about ten days ago!
Kind regards
Drew
MarkG M3CP
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by MarkG M3CP »

I wish I’d signed up earlier (last year) to get the member price! Been looking at RX8s for ages but only joined after buying the non runner.

On the upside, just received my key ring and love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: '07 Kuro, M5 Competition
Gone: '06 VR 231, M3 Competition Package
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

If there's anyone that bought on the original gb and who's plans have since changed, before they got around to fitting the kit, then they are at liberty to re-sell at any price that they negotiate with the buyer.

Such was the timescale of the process and the nature of car ownership, that this has already happened, at least twice, and may well do again.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
MRBX
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black
Has thanked: 0

Post by MRBX »

Hi there folks,

I’ve just entered RX8 ownership having bought a PZ model from another club member. The rear springs unfortunately have failed and need to be replaced, so I was hoping to purchase a set from the club stock.

I’ve also joined the club as a member, looking forward to getting involved!
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

Depending on the history of the car, mileage etc, fitting a new set of rear springs with the original springs on the front may make the car sit significantly nose down, tail up.

It may settle eventually but could take a long time.

I'd always recommend a balanced setup so, assuming that you can't afford a new complete set of shocks & springs, it might be worth investigating if anyone upgrading to new might sell you their used rear springs to match your fronts.

There are a couple of complications that might not make this possible;
- the PZ springs are unique, so it would have to be from a PZ, not just anyone upgrading their car to PZ-spec.
- it tends to be the rear springs that fail.
- if someone has got a complete used set then they're more likely to want to sell them complete.

Any who, there's no harm in asking

PS double-check that your car still has the PZ units fitted. As they may have been changed by a previous owner.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by casey »

Just popping this post up to say the Committee have all been at the AGM + Annual Meet this weekend and so we'll get to look at these requests asap.
MarkG M3CP wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:54 am
I wish I’d signed up earlier (last year) to get the member price! Been looking at RX8s for ages but only joined after buying the non runner.

On the upside, just received my key ring and love it!
Glad you are liking the key ring Mark :thumleft:

Can you confirm you are interested in a full suspension set at the non-Member price, or will you be willing to wait (assuming the Club still has stock in the future!)? I wasn't sure if your post was an expression of interest or just a comment :?: :D
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, "Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
MarkG M3CP
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Kuro
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by MarkG M3CP »

casey wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 am

Can you confirm you are interested in a full suspension set at the non-Member price, or will you be willing to wait (assuming the Club still has stock in the future!)? I wasn't sure if your post was an expression of interest or just a comment :?: :D
I probably need to sit on the fence for a while as I have some work to complete to get the car MOT'd (been sat for almost 2 years!).

Engine/cooling work is done - just going to fit a set of D585s today.
I need to replace the steering rack this week.
Then I need to get it up in the air and tackle the surface rust.
All being well with the brakes/bushes etc., suspension will be my next point of focus.

So I cannot commit today unfortunately and will have to wait for the chance later.

Thanks.
These users thanked the author MarkG M3CP for the post:
casey (Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:43 pm)
Current: '07 Kuro, M5 Competition
Gone: '06 VR 231, M3 Competition Package
MRBX
Former Member
Former Member

Post by MRBX »

warpc0il wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 am
Depending on the history of the car, mileage etc, fitting a new set of rear springs with the original springs on the front may make the car sit significantly nose down, tail up.

It may settle eventually but could take a long time.

I'd always recommend a balanced setup so, assuming that you can't afford a new complete set of shocks & springs, it might be worth investigating if anyone upgrading to new might sell you their used rear springs to match your fronts.

There are a couple of complications that might not make this possible;
- the PZ springs are unique, so it would have to be from a PZ, not just anyone upgrading their car to PZ-spec.
- it tends to be the rear springs that fail.
- if someone has got a complete used set then they're more likely to want to sell them complete.

Any who, there's no harm in asking

PS double-check that your car still has the PZ units fitted. As they may have been changed by a previous owner.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Thanks - good advice. Mileage is 50k and the dampers (definitely the correct PZ version) appeared to be in good condition with no leaks or major corrosion. On closer inspection however it seems the front drivers side is a little low too (albeit the spring is intact).

I’d therefore be interested in a full set of PZ units as opposed to just the springs. Might as well do it properly!

Thanks
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor

Post by warpc0il »

Good man, you know it makes sense ;)

The PZ Bilstien dampers are rebuildable, so might have some resale value.

The reason I suggested checking that they were the original units is that one "newbie" PZ owner discovered that his PZ suspension had been replaced by a set of no-brand cheap Chinese coil-overs, while another discovered (after 3 years ownership) that his rear units were OEM Mazda with unknown lowering springs.

I'd like to think that both were a result of premature rear spring failures without viable alternatives, and that such sacrilege can be avoided in the future, as a result of this group buy and the OC's commitment.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by casey »

Update - Ian.Mothersole is planning to get these items into the Club Shop this weekend and confirm shipping costs too.
AGAUTOS123
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by AGAUTOS123 »

hi guys, I have a customers rx8 pz in the workshop with a broken front spring. I've been trying various places to locate a set of front springs with no luck. after reading a few things on here I don't think they're available anywhere is this correct? so would a full set be our only option?
Shagrington
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
RX-8: 192
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by Shagrington »

:welcome: AGAUTOS123. I think the club has ordered some full sets and some spare rear springs to put in the club shop. I suspect you may be right if you are in need of a front spring unless someone on here is replacing the whole lot as part of the group buy and has a used front spring for sale afterwards. With any luck someone in that position or who knows of somebody else doing that will see this.
These users thanked the author Shagrington for the post:
casey (Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:58 pm)
'Grington.
former Club Treasurer 2010-18 (now finally retired) \:D/
Silver 192 green interior LEDS, Nordic Green hoop spoiler, roof inserts and wheels Silver Stripes (now finally retired) :cry:
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by casey »

13Black
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by 13Black »

AGAUTOS123 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 pm
hi guys, I have a customers rx8 pz in the workshop with a broken front spring. I've been trying various places to locate a set of front springs with no luck. after reading a few things on here I don't think they're available anywhere is this correct? so would a full set be our only option?

I can sell you a pair of fronts if you like, can post them Monday morning at the earliest.
Feel free to PM me.
These users thanked the author 13Black for the post (total 2):
casey (Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 pm) • Shagrington (Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 pm)
-= Rotormelon Money Pit Build of Tasteless Questionable Bodgery =-
Experimelon 183whp rebuild | Rotary Revs D585s | PZ Suspension | Hawk & Yellowstuff pads | Extra steering lock | Custom exhaust | Added rearward flames of glory | Unnecessarily repurposed ball gags
-= Clicky click for build thread =-
AGAUTOS123
Forum Guest
Forum Guest

Post by AGAUTOS123 »

13Black wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:34 pm
AGAUTOS123 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 pm

I can sell you a pair of fronts if you like, can post them Monday morning at the earliest.
Feel free to PM me.
I have sent a pm thanks a lot
MRBX
Former Member
Former Member

Post by MRBX »

casey wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Update - Ian.Mothersole is planning to get these items into the Club Shop this weekend and confirm shipping costs too.
Thanks for the update. I’m ready to buy as soon as they’re available as my car is effectively off the road until it’s all replaced. I’ll keep an eye on this thread and wait to hear from you chaps.
RX81977
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Metropolitan Grey

Post by RX81977 »

Interested in a full set please, PM me details for payment when available 👍
MRBX
Former Member
Former Member

Post by MRBX »

Evening chaps,

I’ve now sourced an alternative replacement so please count me out for a full set.

Thanks
Drew231
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Kuro Black

Post by Drew231 »

Evening All!
Is there any time limit to how long “longer term” members will be given to buy before the sets are permitted to be sold to newer members (at the membership rate).
I ask because I really need to install new suspension by my next track day (15th April, Castle Combe). If it is going to be more than another week from now before I am able to buy I will struggle to get them delivered, installed and tested before that date, so other options will have to be examined (probably Meister Rs or similar).
Many thanks
Drew
Honkytonk
Media Team
Media Team

Post by Honkytonk »

Hi all,

As you may have seen from my introductory thread, my PZ is in dire need of some new front suspension. Are there still full sets available? As these are increasingly hard to come by I'd probably like the full set just to future proof myself.
Want to Take Part in the Club YouTube channel? Click Here!

Marvel at the Amazing Technicolour P-Shed Project Thread
And my OEM-only Luton Adonis, the Mighty Vectra!
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member

Post by casey »

Thanks, I saw your other topic and that very odd, low front stance! We are just dealing with the final logistics required to be able to process and ship the parts to everyone who has posted in this topic.

Return to “Club Shop”