Problem trying to pay

Announcements from the Club Shopkeeper and suggestions from Club Members etc.
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Problem trying to pay

Post by warpc0il »

I've not used my membership renewal gift vouchers, as I'm not that well organised, but I just found my last renewal confirmation in my filing heap and thought I'd treat myself, before it expires like all the rest #-o

The voucher code was worth exactly the same as the item I wanted to buy, which was a result :thumleft:

Of course, when I came to checkout there was a £4 fix price postage charge to add on :roll:
Fair enough, so just the £4 to pay.

Clicked to pay via paypal and got another tab opened to logon to Paypal - as expected - but with an unexpected dialogue box asking confirmation of the item price.

I put in £4 and it tried to take £8 from my account - okay, I get it - it thinks it's £4 for the item plus £4 postage.
Cancel that and go back to checkout.

Click to pay on Paypal and this time I enter £0 in the dialogue box - which is refused as an invalid amount #-o

It seems that it won't let you pay for just the postage.

In the end I had to repeat the process and enter £0.01 as the item value, for a total of £4.01 to be taken from my account.

Now I don't have an issue with donating 1p to the club but something is obviously not working as it should.

My guess is that the shop is passing the transaction to Paypal as "zero charge + £4 postage" but Paypal doesn't like zero charge, hence the extra dialogue box.
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Re: Problem trying to pay

Post by warpc0il »

Update: Paypal took £4.01 from my account but "returning to merchant" has brought up ORDER FAILED page on club shop.

"This is the default page used when an order has failed. Customise as you see fit"

Something has broken.... :(
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
delta0
Former Member
Former Member

Re: Problem trying to pay

Post by delta0 »

Not had the fail but I do exactly as you do and add 1p to the payment if it is exactly the same price as the voucher.
RX8 R3 Aurora Blue Mica

BHR coils+MSD leads, Stage 1 ecu tune, HKS Hybrid oil filter, Idemitsu 10w30, BHR engine mounts, RB oil cooler lines, Essex Rotary undertray, RB Revi Intake+Ram Air, Milltek/Pettit cat+catback, braided brake lines, SuperPro bushes, RB flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Pettit Ti flywheel nut, powder coated and fully resealed everything underneath