Detailing engine bay

The "Shiny Car make all better sub-forum" for clean freaks
Metelyk
Club Member
Club Member

Detailing engine bay

Post by Metelyk »

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get my engine bay detailed. If possible near London.
Also any idea how much it costs?
Want to improve this…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exiled--viking
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Detailing engine bay

Post by exiled--viking »

Could not recommend anyone else as engine detailing is one of my favourite pass times ;) I love to bling them up to show standard :shock:
WAS THE WINNER OF THE 2015 EUROPEAN ROTOR STOCK BEST RX~8 in Show ( Won me 40 trophy"s the Beast is Now Sold A New Beast To Be Built SOON :banghead: ) new car MX5 Now Called the Froggy, face book page build under tony berry 8)
Metelyk
Club Member
Club Member

Detailing engine bay

Post by Metelyk »

But is it something I could easily do myself?
Guess it’s degreasing mainly, but
I’m worried about chucking water across all the electrics when rinsing off and causing damage!!

DrewR3
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Re: Detailing engine bay

Post by DrewR3 »

Metelyk wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:25 pm
But is it something I could easily do myself?
Guess it’s degreasing mainly, but
I’m worried about chucking water across all the electrics when rinsing off and causing damage!!

Microfibre towel over sensitive areas, Autosmart G101, pressure washer from a good distance so its like a mist. I leave engine running and do it when warm to dry it off. There is varied opinion on that and ingesting water etc, simple answer don't spray down the intake and if your close enough to damage via ingest then your too close anyway. Simple enough, the g101 does the main work as it soaks and removes. Then compressed air if you have it to blow remaining out otherwise leave to dry naturally after a helping towel dry (engine off for that bit so you don't catch a towel) then add dressing of choice to plastics and hoses etc. Metal polish any shiny bits.
Daily - 2012 Mercedes E220 Coupe AMG sport, Deep Blue, 19 inch AMG alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, AMG BBK with drilled discs, TDI Tune box, De-Chrome Show 2010 RX8 R3, Crystal white, 23k miles, Full Mazda Service History, Borla Exhaust
Sadly Gone - 2006 '56' Rx8 Pz Prodrive edition, Galaxy Grey

Return to “Detailing - Cleaning”