Unsure as which road to go down first, rebuild and full bridge port or aftermarket parts

Any form of normally aspirated power mods.
Jacks-rx8
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Re: Unsure as which road to go down first, rebuild and full bridge port or aftermarket parts

Post by Jacks-rx8 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:36 am

Dan.NJ72 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am
Jacks-rx8 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:15 pm
boosted wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm
Rapid acceleration...but prob top out at about 120..gearchanges like fast n furious.
Quite expensive but cheap compared to engine rebuild.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Hmm that is tempting, but I think I'll stick to exedy ultra lightweight flywheel and stage 1 clutch for now, then the list goes on before I think about getting it rebuilt and ported! But I'll get these parts sorted before beginning of next year and then decide on the rebuild/how going to do it!
I've got a lightweight flywheel spare if you're in the market 8)
How much and what flywheel is it? :thumright:

Dr. FrankenRex
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Re: Unsure as which road to go down first, rebuild and full bridge port or aftermarket parts

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am

It's a Pettit Racing one: http://www.pettitracing.co.uk/pettit_ra ... wheel.html

Comes with the counterweight. Looking at £325 for it collected :)
FrankenRex2, leaner and meaner. RR Full Bridge rebuild with Race Extension porting, Cusco Strut Brace, RB Header, RB Dual Res Decat, Pettit Catback, Eibach lowering springs, Maserati 6 pot brakes, braided brake lines, custom built DRLs, track wheels, Custom front and rear lights, braided clutch line, RB ARBs - the list goes on!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”