Quantum tuning map

Any form of normally aspirated power mods.
Eddie_r32
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231

Quantum tuning map

Post by Eddie_r32 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Just wondering if anyone has had one? My mate is a quantum dealer and a reputable tuner, he's been on the scene for a while and knows what he's doing so was wondering if anyone has had one, failing that anyone know of a mazdaedit tuner round Oxfordshire/Berkshire. (My time off is limited, I work 7 days a week, so closer the better)
2007 Galaxy grey 231.
RRP Parts: Full bridge, long tube header, cofs + tanks, pulleys, engine mounts, oil injectors, remap, race cat.
Other: Greddy sump, Autoexe exhaust, autoexe brake brace, ingalls engine brace, ultra racing f+r strut brace, hsd coilovers, whiteline Arbs, 4 pot brakes, r3 Diff, r3 interior and lots more

J2daG1990
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Crystal White

Re: Quantum tuning map

Post by J2daG1990 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:31 am

What software does he use to tune RX8s?
Mazdaedit, Versatune, etc.
Has he ever remapped an RX8 before and seen proven gains on a dyno?
RX8 is a different ballgame compared to remapping other cars. Does he simply upload pre-loaded maps or does he do custom tuning?
Build Thread for the JDM Inspired R3 - http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 04&t=62214

Eddie_r32
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Eddie_r32 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:20 pm

He does custom tunes, mainly nissans but will do anything if he has the software. However the map I'm asking about is a plug and play one from quantum tuning. I've used them before and for plug and play have been very happy with them.
2007 Galaxy grey 231.
RRP Parts: Full bridge, long tube header, cofs + tanks, pulleys, engine mounts, oil injectors, remap, race cat.
Other: Greddy sump, Autoexe exhaust, autoexe brake brace, ingalls engine brace, ultra racing f+r strut brace, hsd coilovers, whiteline Arbs, 4 pot brakes, r3 Diff, r3 interior and lots more

MadTaz
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by MadTaz » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:52 pm

To a degree plug and play mapping will work, I have a set of standard enhancements I apply to most NA cars to improve performance.

From there it's on a bespoke nature as every car is different, sensors need to be scaled and fueling changed to suit. Plus port timings etc etc

So you will get improvements from a good standard plug and play map but don't expect it to match a good bespoke one.
These users thanked the author MadTaz for the post:
Eddie_r32 (Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:03 pm)

Eddie_r32
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Eddie_r32 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:03 pm

MadTaz wrote:To a degree plug and play mapping will work, I have a set of standard enhancements I apply to most NA cars to improve performance.

From there it's on a bespoke nature as every car is different, sensors need to be scaled and fueling changed to suit. Plus port timings etc etc

So you will get improvements from a good standard plug and play map but don't expect it to match a good bespoke one.
That's exactly what I was after, cheers Carl
2007 Galaxy grey 231.

Def
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Winning Blue

Post by Def » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Does his name begin with a J?

Eddie_r32
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Eddie_r32 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:16 pm

And end with eremy
2007 Galaxy grey 231.

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”