Fog light was an easy fix, just move the wiring over and swap the bulbs.
The brakes failed on the following:
So basically the O/S rear caliper handbrake was sized. I thought I'd be cheeky and try to free it off by wiggling the handbrake arm back and forth. It was a bit tight so needed some encouragement, unfortunately the handbrake arm stopped moving. Naturally this happened in the on position which prevented me from removing the caliper as it was clamped onto the disc[*]Offside Rear Hydraulic brake calliper damaged and braking performance affected seized
[*]Parking brake efficiency below requirements
[*]Rear Brakes imbalanced across an axle Axle 2
With an advisory for; handbrake travel high
After some discussions the only thing we could think to get the caliper off was breaking it with a lump hammer. Luckily I managed to pry the piston back in with the brake disc so I was able to force the caliper off.
I pulled the caliper apart for a rebuild expecting just a quick clean, new seals and grease. It turned out to be a little more troublesome, theres a pin at the back of the caliper that's pushed outwards by the handbrake mechanism forcing the piston against the pad against the disc. This should be packed with grease. Smooth silky grease. Not horrible crunchy rust and road dirt....
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to save this, but I had it open on the bench and thought it was worth a shot. It cleaned up alright albeit a little pitted in palaces, luckily they don't have seals against them and don't need to be smooth for the operation of the brake or handbrake. The cause of this mess seems to have been a failed handbrake seal but it didn't have any obvious signs of being damaged.
Next up, although it wasn't on the MOT sheet the headlight motor on the drivers side had slowly stopped working. A bit of diagnostics showed the motor still received power but didn't work. The motors aren't serviceable items so I went in blind to repair it, thankfully it was a very simple fix. Three contact pins needed bending as they'd lost contact. Happy days
I've had a few bits here and there to fix up before going to the MOT including a manifold heat shield which failed at the mounting point causing it to fall away. Don't worry, the steering universal joint caught it making it impossible to turn which was rather... Um... Interesting... Naturally this wouldn't come out without dismantling half the engine bay again this caused me to miss an MOT last week which I wasn't happy about.
Luckily got her in again for this afternoon and she passed with flying colours. Only issue is I seem to have a coolant leak, I think this started after I changed the turbos. I've got a coolant system tester and can see there's a wet patch over the water pump and filler neck, although I've not pinpointed it yet. Hopefully I just didn't tighten something up when I changed the turbos or disturbed something. Fingers crossed for an easy fix as I've got a another maiden trackday this weekend. Hopefully I'll actually make this one in my own car!