RX8Head-Stealth Fighter-Big Mods 4 Looks/Medium Mods 4 Track

For you to showcase what you've done to your car and give other members ideas and inspiration.
RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Custom

RX8Head-Stealth Fighter-Big Mods 4 Looks/Medium Mods 4 Track

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Ok seeing as I was one of the people pushing to have this section on the forum it seems only right that I should put a thread up with my rex.

So here it is from when I picked it up to how it is now(27/4/11).
It's a/was Titanium Grey 231 with full Black and Tan leather interior.
Bought back in March 06 as a pre-registered with just 14 miles on the clock.
A couple of days after picking her up.

JAE 06(first club meet) and with an owners club sticker being the first mod.

It stayed pretty standard for a little while with just strakes(Howard ones that don't corrode like the Mazda ones) added to the front wing, bonnet stays(ebay), blue led interior and puddle lights(from [urlw=http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/]ultraleds[/urlw])and a K&N air filter(from ebay).
Having fun at a Club Prodrive day in 06.
Chris :D
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Now rocking an SC VX220 :D .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Re: RX8Heads-Stealth Fighter-Heavily Modified for Looks

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Then things started to warm up with a Lowered number plate(brakets from B&Q), B pillar trims(from RoartyFX), Borla zorst(Group buy came in at under 500quid big thanks to Nice But =D> ), Tein lowering springs(supplied and fitted by [urlw=http://www.autobmc.com/]AutoBMC[/urlw]), a second set of oem wheels got powder coated in Anthracite Black(by [urlw=http://www.maxpowderalloys.co.uk/]Maxpowder[/urlw] in Hemel) and black wheel nuts(these were cheap ebay ones but didn't stay on for long as they twisted :evil: ) and a set of racing beat grills.

Borla zorst.
Tein lowering springs.
What cheap wheel nuts end up looking like after only being taken on and off a couple of times :evil: .

Having more fun at the annual Club Prodrive day in 07.
RX8 Stealth Fighter Full list of mods complete with pics can be seen here 8), temporarily/possible permanently off the road due to an off at Brands Hatch :( .
Part of your friendly moderating team helping the keep the forum tidy, if you have any issues then feel free to drop me a pm and I'll do my best to help :wink: .

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Then a couple of little mods Passange Footplate(ebay), Scuff Plates(ebay again), Chrome turn bulbs and led side lights(oh and yet again ebay)
And a few slighty bigger ones being the following bodykit parts Feed front nose, Fabulous side skirts, Mazdaspeed wing and Mazda rear under deflectors(all from [urlw=http://www.japanparts.com/]Japanparts[/urlw]).

Feed front nose.
Fabulous side skirts.
Mazdaspeed rear wing.

All fitted and boot debadged just in time for Japfest 08(having just picked it up the Friday before).

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Then it was time for my first LeMans trip(08) so a few stickers had to go on (from the Club(thanks to BigIan) and ebay).

The next lot of mods were Tein front strut bar(big thanks to exiled-viking for the bargain price), Racing Brake front and rear drilled and slotted rotors, Racing Brake front 4 pot calipers and pads and Hawk rear pads(at a bargain price from [urlw=http://www.mazdarotaryparts.com/mazda-rx-8-8-c.asp]MRC[/urlw]) and an aluminum rotary oil cap(from [urlw=http://www.rotary13b1.com/c/rotor_oil_caps.html]Rotary13B[/urlw]).

Tein front strut bar.
Racing Brakes.
At MRC's Spring Rotor Show 09 at Brooklands.
These users thanked the author RX8Head for the post:
BigIan (Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:14 am)

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:10 pm

At Beaulieu 09 with stickers still on from Lemans 09 (thanks again to BigIan/ebay/hollographics) with number plate now lowered.

A DashDAQ OBD2 read/screen to play with(from ebay).

A set of MazdaSpeed wheels (from [urlw=http://www.twwhiteandsons.co.uk/]TW Whites[/urlw]) with 245/40/R18 Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres.
And some rays wheel nuts (from [urlw=http://www.coordsport.com/]Co-ordSports[/urlw]).

Also added a set of uprated coils packs and Magnecor leads fitted.

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Vinyl black roof(by [urlw=http://www.signsexpress.co.uk/branch/52/whc/]SignsExpress[/urlw] in Wembly)

Sticker up from LeMans Classics 10 one of three RX8 Fighters(design by Jester and installed by Jester&G3 =D> ) at Rotorstock 7 also appear on the cover of spin 8) .

And also won this there :D .
BEST RX-8
ROTORSTOCK 7
Presented by MRC

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 pm

It was now time for another big change so in April 2011 I went for a full vinyl satin black wrap done by the guys at [urlw=http://www.totally-dynamic.co.uk/go/fra ... hisee.html]Totally Dynamic[/urlw] in North London.

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:19 pm

I had a go at painting the mazdaspeed wing supports but it didn't really work out :( so lucky it turned out one of the guys at work's father-in-law's company does powder coating so he got them powder coated for me :cheers: .
A couple of other bits were added a set of front fender grills and batman rear brake decal(both from rotaryfx) and a rear tow hook in black(from good old ebay).

Batman rear brake light.
Tow hook.
And one last picture at brooklands where I won another trophy :D (but only because Tony didn't enter :notworthy: ).

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:44 pm

I've got a couple of other little bits planned and will post up as and when they get done :wink: .

shifty
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by shifty » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:35 pm

the wrap looks really clean aspecially around the front bumper and all its curves

farmboyrex
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Galaxy Grey

Post by farmboyrex » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 pm

:thumleft: likeing the stealth look very much
eibach springs,r3 skirts,pz spoiler/mirrors ,rotor start button,lockwood grills,RB manifold, de cat, miltek cat bk, short shifter,bhr ignition+8.5mm leads.feed gauge pod,air duct gauge pod. r spec peak warning gauges.fan control kit,groupB mapped,mishimoto rad,wind deflectors,RB drop links,Alutec strut brace,sohn tank,Autoexe brake brace

Fd3s in vintage red

tractorboy
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by tractorboy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Love it!
Sold in 2017: Velocity Red RX-8 231 '04, Acquired Nov 2009, 1st RX-8

Jester
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Jester » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 pm

That looks amazing now matey!! I really love the wrap. It's what I wanted to do to mine, but it can only work if you have the mods you have already on yours. Well done, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
James - Ex-committee member
RX-8 now sold. Current car - 2019 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSELux

" When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting. "
- Michael Delaney (Steve McQueen) in 'Le Mans' 1971

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice thread Chris, and I like the new satin wrap.
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

benedunn
Club Member
Club Member

Post by benedunn » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:17 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> wow!!!! i really really like this!!! dare i say its almost subtle (in a very non subtle way ... maybe its because its black? :-k ), the wrap looks the dogs ******** cheers for sharing this with us :D i just wanna ee this in the flesh now!
Please excuse the spelling mistakes ^^ :D

I'll second that!

rex 192 b black: red and black interior, chrome mazda alloys, full mazda aero kit (inc spoiler), Full custom painted engine and intake etc, medium street ports intake and exhaust, full toyo system front to back, all round ebc drilled and grooved disks with red stuff pads and fully adjustable meister R coilovers n do i love it :D

JIM.E
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: Evolve
Colour: Copper Red
Has thanked: 0

Post by JIM.E » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:19 pm

looking good Chris.... =D> =D> =D>

Whats next ???
aka The Mustard Kid

California Style
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Lightning Yellow
Been thanked: 0

Post by California Style » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Holy Moly! I didnt know about the wrap job! It looks GREAT!
Lightening Yellow
SORN Track special from now on!
California Smile
Now with removed whine (boooo!)
Project thread for pics and info

meltedbuzzbox
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Sunlight Silver

Post by meltedbuzzbox » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 pm

beautiful mate
I love a girl with a trimmed bush because it makes it easier to see into her window at night.

VelocityVinnie
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 192

Post by VelocityVinnie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:13 am

Mate that wrap looks superb! nice to see some others going down the 'fake paint' route lol

Im going for a full wrap next season, but keeping the colour choice under my hat haha!

hadlowj
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by hadlowj » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 am

Pink?

And that wrap looks amazing especially with those alloys.

The G Man
Former Member
Former Member

Post by The G Man » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 am

California Style wrote:Holy Moly! I didnt know about the wrap job! It looks GREAT!
Me neither :shock: , glad you've got the best colour now :lol:

Looks absolutely amazing Chris and I must say, having seen quite a few cars that have been wrapped, it's the way to go over re-sprays IMO.

Keep up the good work :thumleft:
2006 - 2010, 231BB, Gone But NEVER Forgetten
2010 - 2013 370Z GT Pack
2013- 2016, 370Z Nismo
2016 - present,Ford Mustang 5.0 GT, Ruby Red,FRPP Touring by Borla,FRPP Track Handling Pack,FRPP Strut Brace,Custom Plenum and coil covers by RPI,20/23mm spacers,Super Snake Stripe By BigWorm Graphics,American MuscleSplashGuards,DRL LED, Steeda Bonnet struts.

RX8Head
Former Member
Former Member

Post by RX8Head » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:14 pm

First off thanks for everyones great comments and glad you all like it, although even if you didn't I would't care as I love it and when modifying a car the most important person to please is yourself :P .
Jester wrote:That looks amazing now matey!! I really love the wrap. It's what I wanted to do to mine, but it can only work if you have the mods you have already on yours. Well done, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.
Yep not sure how good it'd look on a standard rex and you'll get to see it in the flesh the weekend before Japfest :wink: .
benedunn wrote:dare i say its almost subtle (in a very non subtle way ... maybe its because its black? :-k )
:thumright: You most certainly can say it looks subtle as that is the look I was always going for right from the start and long before I thought of getting the wrap done.
JIM.E wrote:Whats next ???
Only small mods for the time being although there is still one big mod I'd like to do at some point :whistle: .
California Style wrote:Holy Moly! I didnt know about the wrap job! It looks GREAT!
You don't know how hard it was not to tell anyone what I had planned :-# .
The G Man wrote:glad you've got the best colour now :lol:
I was waiting for someone to say that :paranoid: .
The G Man wrote:Looks absolutely amazing Chris and I must say, having seen quite a few cars that have been wrapped, it's the way to go over re-sprays IMO.
It's quite a bit cheaper than a re-spray(although still not cheap) not sure if it would suit you George as you can't get the same kind of shine as you can with paint :salut: which is why I think a lot of people go for a matte finish.

So come on the rest of you lets see your rexs.

Detsawm
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Detsawm » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Looks fantastic I'm very jealous lol, nice to see this sub forum getting the attention it deserves :D
Drew

See my project page here

Tiny
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Tiny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Looks good no wonder you were so worried about the 20mpg loose chipping surface the other week :p
2001 Mitsubishi Space Runner......Or the Red Bus Of Justice!

I no longer work for Apex and cannot under any circumstances recommend anyone use their services for anything.......ever......

California Style
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by California Style » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 pm

wraps are good protection against chips, as you cant chip vinyl!
Lightening Yellow
SORN Track special from now on!
California Smile
Now with removed whine (boooo!)
Project thread for pics and info

Return to “Personal Car Projects and Mods”