Winter project black 192

For you to showcase what you've done to your car and give other members ideas and inspiration.
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Copper Red

Re: Winter project black 192

Post by mrspiller »

Markl17 wrote:The thread tap arrived today so I popped in to the garage to see if I could make it work,I have no pillar drill so did it free hand with the cordless drill,it all went well apart from not being exactly central on the top of the banjo bolt.the pressure sensor fits well but temperature sensor is to long even before the threads get to the banjo bolt so I have ordered a 1/8 male female to stop it going to far in should be here next week.
Yesterday I wired the back of the gauges which is made easy because they daisy chain together,I just need to make a wiring loom to get to the sensors.
No major set back then Mark
Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markl17
Club Member
Club Member
Colour: Stormy Blue

Post by Markl17 »

Not much done on the car this week with being back at work and waiting for deliveries,I did trim a little more weight out of the rear where the stock shocks mount at the top and a bit out of the dash but only adds up to a couple of kilos.
The French government still won’t let me go to England to pick my engine up but hopefully things will be better by the end of the month.l decided to buy a drill press as it is a pita trying to drill vertical holes free hand it is not a very expensive one but will do what I need it to do.
Mark
Attachments
C3445549-D320-4442-9354-E6FC8C2C4929.jpeg
Markl17
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Markl17 »

The parts I ordered for the gauges arrived yesterday the insert for the water temperature gauge came from Ali express and arrived on time again.the 1/8 male/ female is going to need some work,the center bore is not big enough for the sensor to go through so I will drill it out a bit also it is a bit to long I will have to cut some off the female end .just to confirm do I need to put these in the drivers side oil cooler?
The restrictions have eased so I will be getting on a ferry and picking my engine up .I have not been back to England in five years time goes quickly when you get old,I am looking forward to a Gregg’s pie 😀
Mark
Attachments
F43A7432-4B6E-4CB6-9339-44F3372A69AD.jpeg
Markl17
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Markl17 »

I have been back to England to pick up the engine,I got in the van at 1.30 am on Wednesday morning and drove to Caen for the 8.30 am boat to England (lots of paperwork later) the boat left on time and there was only 40 cars and a few trucks onboard,th boat can take 800 cars so as you can imagine it was very quiet.the boat docked at 1 pm and I headed straight up the A3M to Hayes traffic was good so made good time ,the guy with the engine was helpful.once the engine was loaded I had to find a Covid test so I could get back in to France.(more paperwork) .I drove to Newbury to stay with some friends,had a nice meal and a beer with then ,went to bed at 10 pm as i needed to be up at 4.30 am to catch the 8 am boat back home .I got home last night having done a 1300 km round trip .I am a bit knackered at 54 I think I am getting a bit old to do it in such a short amount of time.
Lot of work to do now to prep it ready to go in the car.
Attachments
9F3271F9-0D79-4876-A950-BF0BF0619042.jpeg
These users thanked the author Markl17 for the post:
nightfire10 (Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:59 pm)
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller »

That’s a lot of miles
Good news tho

These users thanked the author mrspiller for the post:
Markl17 (Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm)
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White

Post by nightfire10 »

Is this a rebuilt engine mark or good used ,I know it looks like it's just been pulled out.cheers Steve

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author nightfire10 for the post:
Markl17 (Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:13 pm)
Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers edfc Racingbeat rear anti roll bar oil pres oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front rear grills,Tinted wind ws folding tow hook's,595s,connect2 ,at long last sohn and ap50 tank instaled ,revi ram air duct already fitted ! calipers painted,diff oil changed .
just oil lines to fit at some stage ( had them a while too) :P

180 of 400
Markl17
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Markl17 »

It’s a go used one that mrspiller put me on to,nobody wanted to do a rebuild for a track car and I did not have enough good bits to rebuild my own , as it is a 192 I will change the rear stationary bearing for a231 .
nightfire10 (Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:43 pm)
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member

Post by mrspiller »

Markl17 wrote:I have been back to England to pick up the engine,I got in the van at 1.30 am on Wednesday morning and drove to Caen for the 8.30 am boat to England (lots of paperwork later) the boat left on time and there was only 40 cars and a few trucks onboard,th boat can take 800 cars so as you can imagine it was very quiet.the boat docked at 1 pm and I headed straight up the A3M to Hayes traffic was good so made good time ,the guy with the engine was helpful.once the engine was loaded I had to find a Covid test so I could get back in to France.(more paperwork) .I drove to Newbury to stay with some friends,had a nice meal and a beer with then ,went to bed at 10 pm as i needed to be up at 4.30 am to catch the 8 am boat back home .I got home last night having done a 1300 km round trip .I am a bit knackered at 54 I think I am getting a bit old to do it in such a short amount of time.
Wow mark
Just looking at how far your drive was up to Caen
You must live way down where the nice weather is

Markl17
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Markl17 »

mrspiller wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 pm
Markl17 wrote:I have been back to England to pick up the engine,I got in the van at 1.30 am on Wednesday morning and drove to Caen for the 8.30 am boat to England (lots of paperwork later) the boat left on time and there was only 40 cars and a few trucks onboard,th boat can take 800 cars so as you can imagine it was very quiet.the boat docked at 1 pm and I headed straight up the A3M to Hayes traffic was good so made good time ,the guy with the engine was helpful.once the engine was loaded I had to find a Covid test so I could get back in to France.(more paperwork) .I drove to Newbury to stay with some friends,had a nice meal and a beer with then ,went to bed at 10 pm as i needed to be up at 4.30 am to catch the 8 am boat back home .I got home last night having done a 1300 km round trip .I am a bit knackered at 54 I think I am getting a bit old to do it in such a short amount of time.
Wow mark
Just looking at how far your drive was up to Caen
You must live way down where the nice weather is

I am about 480 km south of Caen,I live near La Rochelle,the weather here is cold and sunny it the moment,but yes I feel very lucky to live and bring my family up here.
Mark
mrspiller (Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:36 am)
Markl17
Club Member
Club Member

Post by Markl17 »

I stripped all the bits and bobs off the engine last night so I can give the block a clean up and check everything i will probably put all the pieces on off my engine as they have been cleaned and checked.
I removed the flywheel as I have a 6 speed box and it needs to be changed,I then pulled the rear stationary bearing to find it looks new,I put it beside my new 231 bearing and I can’t tell any difference,the sump has also been off it has got me wondering if it has been rebuilt.
How can I tell the difference between the 192 and 231 bearing
Attachments
CDC4FEBB-5A73-4973-8C7B-9235AFCAC34B.jpeg
CFF26FCF-E805-4EEA-B32C-932CCB3D6BE7.jpeg

Return to “Personal Car Projects and Mods”