Hachiroku's 40th Anniversary

For you to showcase what you've done to your car and give other members ideas and inspiration.
hachiroku
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Metropolitan Grey

Hachiroku's 40th Anniversary

Post by hachiroku »

Thought I'd pop up a "build" thread for my 40th Anniversary seeing as the V5 paperwork landed on the doormat this morning :D

I bought this a few weeks ago from another Club member, number 068 in Metropolitan Grey.

I previously had an RX8 in 2015/16, a Winning Blue 231 with Mazdaspeed kit, streetport, and numerous other upgrades, which I also bought from a Club member, it was sold too soon :(

This time around though I'm quite liking the fairly standard Limited Edition car, there are a few styling changes I'd like to make, but mostly I'll just be giving it a good service and some TLC.

First impressions are good, with 50,000 on the clock it starts straight away cold & hot and pulls strongly to the redline, I know it's been 5 years since I last drove an RX8 but I honestly can't say it feels any slower than the Rotary Revs streetported motor in my previous car.
There's a bit of underbody rust, but the arches and sills look good, and the MOT history has no previous advisory's for corrosion.
On my drive home from buying the car I did get CEL P0420 come up on the motorway, I've cleared the CEL and run some Cataclean through it and so far it hasn't reappeared even after a dual carriageway cruise. Hopefully the Cat is ok, but I'll be fitting a decat pipe but keep the Cat for the next MOT.

Jobs to do:

- Service (oil/filter, gearbox oil, cabin & air filters, plugs)
- new coils and leads
- fit decat & cat-back exhaust *DONE!!!*
- wind deflectors. *DONE!!!*
- re-locate front number plate. *DONE!!!*
- underbody rust treatment/protection.
- fit a front lip.
- fit decent tyres.
- mini map for flames :mrgreen: , cold rev limit etc...

I just have one photo at present, post wash + polish...
Attachments
40th AE No.068
40th AE No.068
Last edited by hachiroku on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author hachiroku for the post (total 9):
nightfire10 (Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:53 pm) • Vj4sothername (Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:54 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:02 pm) • Ainmhidh (Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 pm) • HarSc (Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:24 pm) • brad_wil (Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:24 pm) • wreeve (Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:40 pm) • geofftl1000r (Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:58 pm) • casey (Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am)
RR rebuild + street port, Mazdaspeed body kit + R-magic spoiler, Toyosports decat + catback, Sohn adapter, uprated starter, Mazdaspeed + Corksport bracing.
hachiroku
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Hachiroku's 40th Anniversary

Post by hachiroku »

Just driven the car home from a local garage after they fitted a Toyosport Decat and an eBay cat-back exhaust (which looks very similar to a Toyosport one :-k ).
I giggled all the way home :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's a whole lot louder, which was expected.
I didn't get a chance to "give it the beans" as lunchtime city traffic was busy, but with the window down the sound bounced off the buildings and made its own Rotary Symphony Orchestra :D
Rear
Rear
Top Tip....
Top Tip....
And the catalytic converter doesn't seem in bad condition either, although the mechanic at the garage said he thought it may have started to break up as some bits did come out as they removed the Cat.
I guess I'll see if it'll get the car through the emissions test next April then...
Attachments
Catapocalyptic...
Catapocalyptic...
These users thanked the author hachiroku for the post:
ChrisHolmes (Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:50 pm)
RR rebuild + street port, Mazdaspeed body kit + R-magic spoiler, Toyosports decat + catback, Sohn adapter, uprated starter, Mazdaspeed + Corksport bracing.
hachiroku
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Hachiroku's 40th Anniversary

Post by hachiroku »

Relocated the front number plate, the guide on here was very useful.
Note the mouse mat "Mod" fitted to the nearside oil cooler.
Also, delivery of oil arrived today, so looks like the weekend will be double oil change weekend :)
Front and (not) centre ..
Front and (not) centre ..

Return to “Personal Car Projects and Mods”