For you to showcase what you've done to your car and give other members ideas and inspiration.
- Club Member
- Posts: 1272
- Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:39 pm
- RX-8: Supercharged
- Colour: Lightning Yellow
V8 Power wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:55 pm
Do you have to add back in any other bracing as you are replacing the PPF Clive?
A small brace is going to be made to stop the nose of the diff going up and down which will be integral with the rear subframe.
The gear box mount will go where the first of the tunnel braces go.
There won’t be too much stress here because the unlike the RX-8 FD engine mounts are at the rear of the engine and its on polyurethane bushes already. To give you an idea, when I take the gear box out, the engine stays in the same position. I’ll post some pictures when its done.
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 1464
- Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm
- RX-8: 231
- Colour: Winning Blue
- Location: Wiltshire
Clive wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:48 pm
RX-8 2021 Race Schedule
• Mar 21st Track Attack Silverstone International
• Mar 27/28 Thunder Saloon Silverstone International
• Apr 24th Track Attack Lydden Hill
• May 22nd Track Attack Mallory Park
• May 31 Thunder Saloon Donnington National
• Jul 3/4 Thunder Saloon Castle Combe
• Jul31 / Aug1 Thunder Saloon Brands Hatch Indy
• Aug 8th Track Attack Brands Hatch Indy
• Sep 18/19 Thunder Saloon Snetterton
• Oct 17 Thunder Saloon Mallory Park
As you can see the focus is on Thunder Saloon, going to update my brochure in the hope of getting a sponsor to help costs and build the engine I now want to build. (a 650BHP PP)
Looks like the rounds of Thunder Saloons will be on TV so hopefully that may help get a sponsor.
Protyre Motorsport have decided to help with the Thunder Saloon side of things and are sending me 14 tyres for free next week. / Ten Slicks and four wets , same tyres as they supply for the British GT Championship
sweet, let me know if you're going to need a spare set of limbs that weekend.
- These users thanked the author Lemon for the post:
- Clive (Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:23 pm)