god im tired!
multiple jobs completed today, worked on the lorry all day then home and fitted a new turbo to the laguna...
first thing i did was build the corners of the column up. then i fabricated (fancy word for cut a bit of 2mm sheet up and drilled some holes) a body capping to cover the transition from old body panel to new..
then i made a couple of infill pieces, and bolted them in, then a couple of coats of paint.
all is well with the world
just the ramps and the electrics to sort now.
then at about 730pm (a full 12hrs after starting my day
) i got home to a new turbo for my daily, so i decided to crack on with that.
first off i had to remove the snapped studs in the manifold and used cut off bolts (because that's all i had to hand) to make new studs. i carefully made them the same length as the original and then refitted the manifold to the car without checking. guess what? the flange on the new one is thicker! so out came my new studs and new ones made, all was well....
next i had to set up the VNT side of the turbo, not anything like as complicated as it sounds. you use a vacuum pump to measure how much vacuum it takes to start moving the arm, then you adjust the length of the rod coming out of the actuator until it meets the factory spec.
then i fitted the turbo, took about a hour, and sorted the injector washers. used a injector seat cutting kit to clean up the sealing surface, new washer and torqued to spec, so its running properly now. which is nice.
finished about 10 mins ago, so not a bad time for the job, would have been a lot quicker if i hadn't been peeing round with studs....