EVENT SUGGESTION - Silverstone Classic

For Car shows and events that are run by other organisations (e.g. JDM Combe, Beaulieu, Time Attack, etc.), that Club members are interested in attending then the Club may organise a stand etc. if numbers attending are sufficient (please contact the Events Coordinator or someone from the Events Team).
Dr. FrankenRex
Club Member
Club Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:54 am

I appreciate it'll be too short notice to get a contingent and a stand together for this year's event, but I have been to Silverstone Classic a few times and find it to be a great 3 day event with some phenomenal cars and even more exciting racing. Every time I have been with various other clubs etc. I have always been disappointed to see that I'm the only rotary there - not even seeing any RX7s which surprised me.

I'd like to propose the events team look in to having a stand there next year with the possibility of it perhaps being a rotary stand which incorporates MRC/ FDOC and the like.

I would be keen to get people's opinions in here if anybody else would like it. Also, if anyone else is planning on attending this year let me know, I'll be there with my friend again, although probably not in my 8 this time around.

Info on Silverstone Classic can be found here: https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/whats-on

EDIT: looks like this year there MIGHT be some rotary loving in the form of the NSU Owner's Club...!
These users thanked the author Dr. FrankenRex for the post:
bc-49 (Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am)
FrankenRex2, leaner and meaner. RR Full Bridge rebuild with Race Extension porting, Cusco Strut Brace, RB Header, RB Dual Res Decat, Pettit Catback, Eibach lowering springs, Maserati 6 pot brakes, braided brake lines, custom built DRLs, track wheels, Custom front and rear lights, braided clutch line, RB ARBs - the list goes on!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BW_h ... Ym6eGqEIWg

Dr. FrankenRex
Club Member
Club Member

Re: EVENT SUGGESTION - Silverstone Classic

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:15 am

Have done a bit of digging and will now likely be putting my car on the PistonHeads stand again this year - The 8 holds 4 people so if there's 3 people who want to get in on the cheap drop me a DM as I can get cheaper single person admissions in the same car as me!
FrankenRex2, leaner and meaner. RR Full Bridge rebuild with Race Extension porting, Cusco Strut Brace, RB Header, RB Dual Res Decat, Pettit Catback, Eibach lowering springs, Maserati 6 pot brakes, braided brake lines, custom built DRLs, track wheels, Custom front and rear lights, braided clutch line, RB ARBs - the list goes on!

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:35 pm

Great idea Dan, but maybe next year :-k

Is this correct :

Car Club Display Package Weekend 2021

Includes 2 adult tickets and 1 infield vehicle display pass for your car. You will need to enter your dedicated booking code as provided by your club on the Shopping Basket page when asked for a promotion code to activate your exclusive discount Car Club Display Package -
2 Adults = £210.00

Car Club Display Package Friday 2021

Includes 2 adult tickets and 1 infield vehicle display pass for your car. You will need to enter your dedicated booking code as provided by your club on the Shopping Basket page when asked for a promotion code to activate your exclusive discount
Car Club Display Package - 2 Adults
£94.00

Car Club Display Package Saturday 2021

Includes 2 adult tickets and 1 infield vehicle display pass for your car. You will need to enter your dedicated booking code as provided by your club on the Shopping Basket page when asked for a promotion code to activate your exclusive discount Car Club Display Package -
2 Adults = £154.00

Car Club Display Package Sunday 2021

2 Adults = £130.00

Food for thought boys and girls :thumright:

Events Team
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
Retired Convenience Retail Store Manager/Local Post Office Manager
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
New Tesla Model 3 DM AWD LR 84KW 1sp Auto = 11/05/21 - Present / Delivery 11th May @11am

Dr. FrankenRex
Club Member
Club Member

Re: EVENT SUGGESTION - Silverstone Classic

Post by Dr. FrankenRex » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:02 pm

That is indeed correct Nigel, however if you are part of a car club and book before the end of March then you get the tickets at half price :thumleft:

Return to “Events”