The main details;
- Completely Free Event on Sunday 8th September, 11am-4pm in the Centre of Beautiful Salisbury
- Only the second year of this event, so a good chance to get in at ground level and support a car show that is a bit more approachable
- This isn't an 'official' RX-8OC event organised by the Events Team, but instead by muggins here; so help is appreciated!
- You're right in the centre of town, sharing the space with some verrry exclusive metal judging by last year's showing
- Council (who are running the event) are eager to get some clubs involved, and we have RX Motors in the town so it'd be good to have some rotorheads about.
- Unfortunately no barbecues/grills etc. allowed (partly due to the Free event being paid for by catering stalls, which I think is fair from the council's perspective)
- Muggins here will source a couple of Thermos' and supplies so we can get some teas and coffees for everyone attending
- Food etc. : there will be catering stalls and you're in the Market Square in the centre of Salisbury - there's loads of places to grab something to eat!
We'll meet Outside Sainsburys in the Maltings Car Park from 8:00am-8:15am - go up the ramp of the multi-storey and we'll be about somewhere! Stragglers will need to be on the Market Square before our slot closes at 8:30am or they will not be allowed to join us in our designated spot.
What's the weather going to be like?
Nice! I'm not expecting a huge gathering, but the council are happy to provide us an exclusive area if we can bring three or four cars and have done so but limited it to 5 cars due to demand - this is on a first come, first served basis unless a member states their willingness to give up their space.
Here's a list of who's going;
- Stand: Honkytonk - (Duncan, RX-8) 8am, Confirmed
- Stand: Rostyghost - Provisional (500 Abarth)
- Stand: PeteH - (Mercedes-Benz SL) 8:30am Confirmed
- Stand: Mhd - (Mark, RX-8) 8am, Confirmed
- Stand : Amor - (RX-8), 8am, Confirmed