It's the second year of the show, but having gone for a mooch last year it was interesting and a good start.
https://www.salisburycitycouncil.gov.uk ... val?id=422
Details of the event for this year are there, there's a FB group with a load of photos from last year as well if you're into that sort of thing.
I happened to mention on the phone when I was asking for a space that I'm part of a club and they have said they're looking for more clubs to take part - so if I can get an idea of numbers and get back to them this week, say by Thursday, they'll assign us a space.
I understand this probably isn't how the events team normally arranges things, but whether it goes on as an official RX-8OC event or just a bunch of rotary nuts turning up together, I'd be happy either way.
EDIT : BTW, this is a completely free event. No fees for parking or looking. From the sounds of it the council is trying to attract more organisations to display and grow the event, so now would be an excellent time to get in on the ground level.
The main details;
- Completely Free Event on Sunday 8th September, 11am-4pm in the Centre of Beautiful Salisbury
- Only the second year of this event, so a good chance to get in at ground level and support a car show that is a bit more approachable
- This isn't an 'official' RX-8OC event organised by the Events Team, but instead by muggins here; so help is appreciated!
- You're right in the centre of town, sharing the space with some verrry exclusive metal judging by last year's showing
- Council (who are running the event) are eager to get some clubs involved, and we have RX Motors in the town so it'd be good to have some rotorheads about.
- Unfortunately no barbecues/grills etc. allowed (partly due to the Free event being paid for by catering stalls, which I think is fair from the council's perspective)
- Muggins here will source a couple of Thermos' and supplies so we can get some teas and coffees for everyone attending
- Food etc. : there will be catering stalls and you're in the Market Square in the centre of Salisbury - there's loads of places to grab something to eat!
We'll meet Outside Sainsburys in the Maltings Car Park from 8:00am-8:15am - go up the ramp of the multi-storey and we'll be about somewhere! Stragglers will need to be on the Market Square before our slot closes at 8:30am or they will not be allowed to join us in our designated spot.
What's the weather going to be like?
Nice! I'm not expecting a huge gathering, but the council are happy to provide us an exclusive area if we can bring three or four cars and have done so but limited it to 5 cars due to demand - this is on a first come, first served basis unless a member states their willingness to give up their space.
Here's a list of who's going;
- Stand: Honkytonk - (Duncan, RX-8) 8am, Confirmed
- Stand: Rostyghost - Provisional (500 Abarth)
- Stand: PeteH - (Mercedes-Benz SL) 8:30am Confirmed
- Stand: Mhd - (Mark, RX-8) 8am, Confirmed
- Stand : Amor - (RX-8), 8am, Confirmed