Forge Action Day 2019
Saturday 7th September | Castle Combe


Club stand display | Exclusive Club track session | The ever popular drift team displays | Show and Shine competitions & more

£15 per car (Admits the driver and up to 3 Passengers) | Under 17's go FREE! And do not need a ticket.

JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June

Car shows and events that are run by other organisations (e.g. Japfest, Rotorstock, Japfest 2, Beaulieu, Trax, etc.), that Club members are interested in attending. The Club may need to organise a stand etc. (please contact the Events Coordinator or someone from the Events Team).
qwakers
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: cornwall
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 287 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by qwakers » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 am

many thanks to all for another excellent day, im now wishing id bothered with sun cream, i have a burned head :)

all went well with my car until i destroyed the brakes and had to come off, i was being nice to the engine as it isnt mapped properly yet (ironically my new tactrix was waiting for me when i got home!) so i was trying to make up time by breaking later and later into corners. despite not using all the rev range i was keeping up with cars that should have been disappearing into the distance, so im quite pleased with that!. when its mapped this car is going to be FAST!.

Lemons car was a interesting problem to trouble shoot. he got towed off track and pushed back to the pits after the last session of the day, it was hot but not nuclear. first two things to be seen was the total lack of coolant in the expansion bottle and a trailing lead had come off a coil. first thoughts was it had got hot enough for a engine protect condition to cause it to cut out, especially as it APPEARED to have fuel pressure (strong smell from the exhaust and pressure in the lines when i popped a fuel connection to check, and the testers showed a spark, but when it had cooled down and the coolant topped back up, it still didn't even splutter when turned over. next thing stu took all the plugs out to show a total horror show! all the leading plugs had had the electrodes burned away and the trailings wherent much better, plus they where white! showing a serious lean condition. add to this stu had had a oil burp so his air filter and maf was soaked in oil, and we though we’d found the issue!.

so the plugs and maf came off my car and onto his, the air filter came out and we tried again, no dice.

next we tried a tow start thinking the loss of spark had caused a flooding issue, but also no dice,

lastly we started to look at the fuel system, out came the rear seat and we found that the fuel pump was not running. so we checked the fuel pump fues, and that was ok. i then tried looping out the fuel pump relay, no dice, then i tried bypassing the circuit relay and off it went, pump running and car started. ok, thats interesting, relay must be faulty, sez i, so we tried another relay, no dice. so i started pulling every fuse in the fuse box one at a time, and there we have it, a blown fuse, replaced it and it blew straight away.

so, in the end, lemon drove his car home (only a couple of miles) with a bit of wire bridging the curcuit relay, and i packed all my tools and test stuff up (all alone :) ) and set off home... to find the gates shut and locked! i ended up driving all the way though the paddock to the main gate, which they where just closing, and set off home, got home at 11pm, so that was a long day, but a good one!
Last edited by qwakers on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author qwakers for the post (total 6):
ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:30 am) • stewartm (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:56 am) • Reloy (Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:35 pm) • casey (Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:47 pm) • Shagrington (Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:05 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:13 pm)
now proudly sponsored by RyanRotaryPerformance :mrgreen:
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/

User avatar
ChrisHolmes
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Posts: 15196
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Custom
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 3594 times
Been thanked: 1383 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by ChrisHolmes » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:32 am

Superb support from you for Stu James, the support members receive if they have a problem at events is epitomised by how you acted, thank you.
These users thanked the author ChrisHolmes for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:15 pm)
Supercharged
Racing Beat Alloy flywheel
Exedy Stg 1 Clutch
White Line ARBs
Tein Monosport Coilovers
Speedline diamond cut alloy wheels
Racing Brake 4 pot calipers, slotted discs & alloy bells
Racing Brake Custom front bumper, grills & Side Skirts
Mazdaspeed Rear Spoiler (Customised)
Rear Diffuser
Vented Carbon Bonnet
SOHN Adaptor
Custom Leather interior & Boot trim
CAMP ll Display

User avatar
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Posts: 21333
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow
Location: Groomsport, Co Down, NI
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 1037 times
Contact:

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by warpc0il » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:35 am

mrspiller wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 am
warpc0il wrote:
Lemon wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:35 pm
It looked like it had burned away tbh Jon

I've kept the plugs anyway

We did turn it over with the plugs removed and it all sounds very even.
What plugs were you running?

I *know* people say that "hot plugs" are fine for track work but Mazda themselves were very clear that they should only be used for cars that spend their time pootling around in traffic, especially the US/JDM autos that change at at too low revs.
Dave
What plugs would you say are ideally suited for a track only car ?
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run the NGK Iridium versions of the standard
Trailing - NGK RE9B-T
Leading - NGK RE8C-L
These users thanked the author warpc0il for the post:
mrspiller (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:37 am)
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

User avatar
mrspiller
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2099
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Copper Red
Location: Hengoed - South Wales
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by mrspiller » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:38 am

warpc0il wrote:
mrspiller wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 am
warpc0il wrote: What plugs were you running?

I *know* people say that "hot plugs" are fine for track work but Mazda themselves were very clear that they should only be used for cars that spend their time pootling around in traffic, especially the US/JDM autos that change at at too low revs.
Dave
What plugs would you say are ideally suited for a track only car ?
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run the NGK Iridium versions of the standard
Trailing - NGK RE9B-T
Leading - NGK RE8C-L
Thanks Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Lemon
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue
Location: Wiltshire
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 138 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by Lemon » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:43 am

qwakers wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 am
many thanks to all for another excellent day, im now wishing id bothered with sun cream, i have a burned head :)

all went well with my car until i destroyed the brakes and had to come off, i was being nice to the engine as it isnt mapped properly yet (ironically my new tactrix was waiting for me when i got home!) so i was trying to make up time by breaking later and later into corners. despite not using all the rev range i was keeping up with cars that should have been disappearing into the distance, so im quite pleased with that!. when its mapped this car is going to be FAST!.

Lemons car was a interesting problem to trouble shoot. he got towed off track and pushed back to the pits after the last session of the day, it was hot but not nuclear. first two things to be seen was the total lack of coolant in the expansion bottle and a trailing lead had come off a coil. first thoughts was it had got hot enough for a engine protect condition to cause it to cut out, especially as it APPEARED to have fuel pressure (strong smell from the exhaust and pressure in the lines when i popped a fuel connection to check, and the testers showed a spark, but when it had cooled down and the coolant topped back up, it still didn't even splutter when turned over. next thing stu took all the plugs out to show a total horror show! all the leading plugs had had the electrodes burned away and the trailings wherent much better, plus they where white! showing a serious lean condition. add to this stu had had a oil burp so his oil filter and maf was soaked in oil, and we though we’d found the issue!.

so the plugs and maf came off my car and onto his, the air filter came out and we tried again, no dice.

next we tried a tow start thinking the loss of spark had caused a flooding issue, but also no dice,

lastly we started to look at the fuel system, out came the rear seat and we found that the fuel pump was not running. so we checked the fuel pump fues, and that was ok. i then tried looping out the fuel pump relay, no dice, then i tried bypassing the circuit relay and off it went, pump running and car started. ok, thats interesting, relay must be faulty, sez i, so we tried another relay, no dice. so i started pulling every fuse in the fuse box one at a time, and there we have it, a blown fuse, replaced it and it blew straight away.

so, in the end, lemon drove his car home (only a couple of miles) with a bit of wire bridging the curcuit relay, and i packed all my tools and test stuff up (all alone :) ) and set off home... to find the gates shut and locked! i ended up driving all the way though the paddock to the main gate, which they where just closing, and set off home, got home at 11pm, so that was a long day, but a good one!
could only limp the car home though, i presume it was only running the low pressure fuel pump circuit.
Thanks, Stu

User avatar
boosted
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Westbury Wilts
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 am

Well done qwakers for getting it going.


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

231 streetported Rx8 renny powered Westfield kit race car.
92 Rx7 fd3s stock twins..est.320bhp. Track car.

User avatar
sKenDread
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: West Midlands UK
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by sKenDread » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:59 am

A huge thank you to the organisers for making a great first time event for Sarah and I. Finally got to meet some faces and yep I'm still crap with names but you all are a very lovely crew.

Sarah's got the drift bug now. God help me. And now she wants to buy an 8 too!

We both decided to go home after the event. Sun burnt and worn. She was going on all 2.5 hrs about how she's going to make my car pink. So it looks like we're getting a 3rd car on the driveway... Poor neighbors

I cannot say thank you all enough


08 231 West Midlands.
RR D585 Coils, RRP COFS, miniMelon Map, Powerflow Twin Exhaust, 245 40r18 Uniroyal Rainsport3. Original engine 75k mi

These users thanked the author sKenDread for the post (total 2):
ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 pm)
Kia-ora!
RR D585 Coils | RRP COFS | miniMelon Map | Powerflow Twin Exhaust | 245 40r18 Uniroyal Rainsport3
Original engine 80k
Compression 050519 F: 4.38,4.72,4.78 R: 4.83,4.78,4.78
'08 231 PS, Galaxy Grey, Black Leather

User avatar
AdamGaltress
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Posts: 4614
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:04 pm
RX-8: Evolve
Colour: Copper Red
Location: South Linc's
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by AdamGaltress » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:02 pm

If anyone can't wait until next year to go back we are returning to Castle Combe later this year for Forge Action Day - The whole event is organised and run by the same team that have done JDM combe :thumleft:

Clicky link for anyone interested
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=78806
These users thanked the author AdamGaltress for the post (total 2):
Bigblueknight3k (Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:23 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 pm)
AdamGaltress
Events Team

Bridgeport Copper Red MazdaSpeed Evolve - Project Thread

User avatar
sKenDread
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: West Midlands UK
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 54 times
Contact:

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by sKenDread » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:14 pm

Edit: wrong one!!! Meant to be Forge! Can you please add Sarah and I too
For Stand and club track please

08 231 West Midlands.
RR D585 Coils, RRP COFS, miniMelon Map, Powerflow Twin Exhaust, 245 40r18 Uniroyal Rainsport3. Original engine 75k mi


These users thanked the author sKenDread for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 pm)
Kia-ora!
RR D585 Coils | RRP COFS | miniMelon Map | Powerflow Twin Exhaust | 245 40r18 Uniroyal Rainsport3
Original engine 80k
Compression 050519 F: 4.38,4.72,4.78 R: 4.83,4.78,4.78
'08 231 PS, Galaxy Grey, Black Leather

qwakers
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Sunlight Silver
Location: cornwall
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 287 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by qwakers » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:16 pm

Lemon wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:43 am
qwakers wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:16 am
many thanks to all for another excellent day, im now wishing id bothered with sun cream, i have a burned head :)

all went well with my car until i destroyed the brakes and had to come off, i was being nice to the engine as it isnt mapped properly yet (ironically my new tactrix was waiting for me when i got home!) so i was trying to make up time by breaking later and later into corners. despite not using all the rev range i was keeping up with cars that should have been disappearing into the distance, so im quite pleased with that!. when its mapped this car is going to be FAST!.

Lemons car was a interesting problem to trouble shoot. he got towed off track and pushed back to the pits after the last session of the day, it was hot but not nuclear. first two things to be seen was the total lack of coolant in the expansion bottle and a trailing lead had come off a coil. first thoughts was it had got hot enough for a engine protect condition to cause it to cut out, especially as it APPEARED to have fuel pressure (strong smell from the exhaust and pressure in the lines when i popped a fuel connection to check, and the testers showed a spark, but when it had cooled down and the coolant topped back up, it still didn't even splutter when turned over. next thing stu took all the plugs out to show a total horror show! all the leading plugs had had the electrodes burned away and the trailings wherent much better, plus they where white! showing a serious lean condition. add to this stu had had a oil burp so his oil filter and maf was soaked in oil, and we though we’d found the issue!.

so the plugs and maf came off my car and onto his, the air filter came out and we tried again, no dice.

next we tried a tow start thinking the loss of spark had caused a flooding issue, but also no dice,

lastly we started to look at the fuel system, out came the rear seat and we found that the fuel pump was not running. so we checked the fuel pump fues, and that was ok. i then tried looping out the fuel pump relay, no dice, then i tried bypassing the circuit relay and off it went, pump running and car started. ok, thats interesting, relay must be faulty, sez i, so we tried another relay, no dice. so i started pulling every fuse in the fuse box one at a time, and there we have it, a blown fuse, replaced it and it blew straight away.

so, in the end, lemon drove his car home (only a couple of miles) with a bit of wire bridging the curcuit relay, and i packed all my tools and test stuff up (all alone :) ) and set off home... to find the gates shut and locked! i ended up driving all the way though the paddock to the main gate, which they where just closing, and set off home, got home at 11pm, so that was a long day, but a good one!
could only limp the car home though, i presume it was only running the low pressure fuel pump circuit.
i think thats already been explained, quite a lot of the ancillaries and ecu where unpowered :oops:

ChrisHolmes wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:32 am
Superb support from you for Stu James, the support members receive if they have a problem at events is epitomised by how you acted, thank you.
boosted wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:46 am
Well done qwakers for getting it going.


Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
i just treat others as id like to be treated. id hate to be left in the paddock with a dead car and everyone else justs leaves :mrgreen:

ive been in clubs that do that, and its awful. luckily, thats not the rx8 owners club :!:
Last edited by qwakers on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author qwakers for the post (total 7):
goodeggbob (Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 pm) • Bigblueknight3k (Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:28 pm) • Shagrington (Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:07 pm) • boosted (Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:08 pm) • nightfire10 (Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:26 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:12 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:19 pm)
now proudly sponsored by RyanRotaryPerformance :mrgreen:
https://www.ryanrotaryperformance.com/

User avatar
brix79
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Posts: 9126
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Caerphilly
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by brix79 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:11 pm

Bigblueknight3k wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:37 pm
A very big thank you to the rx8 club owener for giving me the chance to go on track and your track ticket...
Club owner is a bit of a stretch, but I'm glad you enjoyed your session. :thumright:

Delighted to see that the event went so well for everyone, and also such good experiences from those attending their first Club event.

A big thanks to the Events Team! =D>

Apologies for not being there myself, it's the first JDM I've missed since my first one back in 2014? when it was Japfest. I was on a mission to see the CL game at the Spurs stadium. That does not happen every year!
These users thanked the author brix79 for the post (total 3):
Bigblueknight3k (Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:47 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:14 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:19 pm)
John
Chairman & Forum Admin Team

2017 // 2010 Aurora Blue R3
Potenza S001s | 20mm Eibachs | M1144s | Pettit Catback

2011-17 // 2005 Titanium Grey 231 | Gone, but never forgotten..

User avatar
AMH
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2088
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:05 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Milton Keynes
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by AMH » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:25 pm

Neil’s finally sorted through his 1,000+ photos, here’s the result (with a few from me as well):

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FdUc2Q6Hv3Mu5jiPA

If anyone wants any full resolution versions let me know. :)
These users thanked the author AMH for the post (total 6):
Reloy (Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:32 pm) • warpc0il (Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:34 pm) • jondkent (Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:05 pm) • Shagrington (Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:59 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:15 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:20 pm)
1st March 2005 - 31st Dec 2009: Strato 192 with Mega Bling Alloys - TWOC :( :thumbsdown:
Delivered 12th March 2010: Aurora Blue R3 \:D/ :thumbsup:

User avatar
warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Posts: 21333
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:56 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Lightning Yellow
Location: Groomsport, Co Down, NI
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 1037 times
Contact:

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by warpc0il » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Yesterday I couldn't even spell "vicarious" and now I'm browsing that album :D
Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ

User avatar
boosted
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Westbury Wilts
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by boosted » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks from me!! Great piccys and vids!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

231 streetported Rx8 renny powered Westfield kit race car.
92 Rx7 fd3s stock twins..est.320bhp. Track car.

User avatar
nightfire10
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2538
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:11 pm
RX-8: 40th Anniversary
Colour: Crystal White
Location: poole dorset
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 229 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by nightfire10 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Big thanks to Sharington for the bonnet badge !
These users thanked the author nightfire10 for the post:
Shagrington (Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:00 pm)
Hayward's Street/bridgeported rebuild,595's,Tein coilovers with edfc,Racingbeat rear anti roll bar,oil pressure and oil temp gauge pod's,lockwood front and rear grills,Tinted windows,folding tow hook's,595s,connect2
To do install sohn tank bracket made but still need to get time to install,caliper painting :thumright:

User avatar
SeeJay
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 3757
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:17 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black
Location: Nottingham
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by SeeJay » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 pm

brix79 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:11 pm
I was on a mission to see the CL game at the Spurs stadium...
So John,you chose to watch 22 blokes in shorts kick a bag of air around a field,instead of luxuriating in the presence of gorgeous Japanese show cars :?: .. :lol:
2008 Sparkling Black R3 Japspeed Sportcat & Toyo Catback Drilled/grooved discs Simota Induction Kit D585 Coils Braided S/S lines Polished Engine Bay DRL's 2011 Spec Gearbox LED Side & fogs Calibre GT-R rims Michelin Pilot Sport 3 255/35 19 Nissan GTR spoiler RacingBeat ARB's Tein coilovers BHR motor mounts Amemiya Grille CL RC5 pads

User avatar
brix79
Club Chairman
Club Chairman
Posts: 9126
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm
RX-8: R3
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Caerphilly
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 268 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by brix79 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:24 pm

I know, given the wonder of hindsight, it may not have been the best idea. But it could have been glorious. :lol:
John
Chairman & Forum Admin Team

2017 // 2010 Aurora Blue R3
Potenza S001s | 20mm Eibachs | M1144s | Pettit Catback

2011-17 // 2005 Titanium Grey 231 | Gone, but never forgotten..

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 49565
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: Around The UK including West Sussex
Has thanked: 7201 times
Been thanked: 1792 times

JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:43 pm

Well that was another good Event that everyone seem to enjoy as it's the social side that is the best out of it and the cars are secondary to the event =D> =D> =D> =D>

A big thanks must go to
ChrisHolmes who once again pulled off an fantastic day for you all to enjoy =D>

Hope you all enjoyed being bossed around by Nigel when it came to parking your cars in the Morning on the Stand and hope you were all very pleased with your present from him :thumright: :kinky:

We had a wonderful mixture of cars on the Stand this year including the following Non-Rotaries :lol:

2x Mazda MX-5 MK3
2x Toyota GT86's
1x Mazda MX-5 MK1
1x Honda Civic Type R
1x Mazda CX-7 + Trailer
1x Volvo V70
1x Vauxhall Vivaro Van + Trailer
1x Daf Lorry

All that remains to be said hope you all enjoyed the day and look forward to seeing you all at another Event this year :thumleft:


Events Team


The Team packing up after everyone gone home :twisted:

Chris Holmes Car at JDM 2019.jpg
JDM 2019 - 2.jpg
JDM 2019 - 3.jpg
JDM 2019 - 4.jpg
These users thanked the author GreySilver Beast for the post (total 2):
bc-49 (Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:06 am) • ChrisHolmes (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:05 am)
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - Gang Bang Car Club - My Website - GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
RX-8 R3 T/Days = 5 + 7 session's
GT86 T/Days = 51.5 + 31 session's
Total = 62.5 + 38 session's
Cars Driven = 182

User avatar
bc-49
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:37 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Galaxy Grey
Location: SW London
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by bc-49 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks Chris, Nigel and everyone involved for making this another great event! Amazing weather as seems to be typical for this event the last few years.

A great day all round, see some of you this Sunday for Tunerfest!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author bc-49 for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:32 am) • ChrisHolmes (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:04 am)
2006 Galaxy Grey 231

Yokohama V105 | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach 20mm Spacers | Mintex 1144 Pads | Racing Beat REV8 Catback | BHR Ignition | K&N Filter | Koyorad Alu Radiator | Mishimoto Thermostat | Greddy Sump | ER Braided Oil Lines | ER Oil Pressure Reg | ER Baffle Plate | Lockwood Front Grills

User avatar
casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8413
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:14 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey
Location: Colchester
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 916 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by casey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:24 am

My thanks to Chris and everyone else involved in organising and helping out during the day. Special thanks to Karen and Rachel for my tasty bacon roll! The scones and cake were delicious too 😊

Although I spoke to quite a number of people, in looking through the list I missed a few, so apologies to those I didn't speak to! The day just flew by, but most enjoyably.

I'm not yet back home, but will sort through the pictures I took later and post up a few, if they are worthy (having seen the great pics already posted by Neil and others!).

Another great event at Castle Combe, made even more so by the perfect weather 8)
These users thanked the author casey for the post (total 2):
GreySilver Beast (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:26 am) • ChrisHolmes (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:28 am)
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

User avatar
casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 8413
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:14 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey
Location: Colchester
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 916 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by casey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:31 pm

So, I'm back home now and have uploaded a shedload of pics, mainly from the 2.15 and 2.45 track sessions.

All pictures are as they came out of my camera. Some would improve with cropping and some tweaking ;)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mskg1WzpWgpQP72Y6

All are high res, so feel free to download any you might want.

Some samples........
Attachments
June JDM Combe I.jpg
June JDM Combe I.jpg (410.13 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe H.jpg
June JDM Combe H.jpg (382.61 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe G.jpg
June JDM Combe G.jpg (379.28 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe F.jpg
June JDM Combe F.jpg (377.14 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe E.jpg
June JDM Combe E.jpg (353.37 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe D.jpg
June JDM Combe D.jpg (422.9 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe C.jpg
June JDM Combe C.jpg (386.2 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe B.jpg
June JDM Combe B.jpg (337.43 KiB) Viewed 229 times
June JDM Combe A.jpg
June JDM Combe A.jpg (422.88 KiB) Viewed 229 times
These users thanked the author casey for the post (total 7):
warpc0il (Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:36 pm) • GreySilver Beast (Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:44 pm) • Reloy (Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 pm) • jondkent (Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:40 pm) • TerryH (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:19 pm) • ChrisHolmes (Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:31 pm) • Ian.Mothersole (Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:55 pm)
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

User avatar
Smedley
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: Cheltenham
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by Smedley » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Great day again with the club. All runs like clockwork which shows how good the organisation is. Thanks to the events team, appreciated. Really enjoyed the track session too. Roll on 2020.
These users thanked the author Smedley for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:50 pm)
231 Brilliant Black
Cream leather
Full OEM aero kit
SS strakes
Tinted
Toyosport catback
23mm spacers
Carbon bonnet and mirror wraps
Tastefully stickered.....

User avatar
GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Posts: 49565
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:57 pm
Colour: Custom
Location: Around The UK including West Sussex
Has thanked: 7201 times
Been thanked: 1792 times

JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by GreySilver Beast » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:56 pm

JDM 2019 Sticker on the side of my car :thumleft: - Events Team

RX-8OC JDM 2019 at Castle Combe.jpg
GSB-TDU - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar - Gang Bang Car Club - My Website - GSB III 03/08/13 - Present
S/Days-C/limits = 17
Skid Pan = 1
Go Karting = 1
3 MPS MKII T/Days = 6
RX-8 R3 T/Days = 5 + 7 session's
GT86 T/Days = 51.5 + 31 session's
Total = 62.5 + 38 session's
Cars Driven = 182

User avatar
mi60o0
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm
RX-8: 192
Colour: Brilliant Black
Location: south east London
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 186 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June Bring a hat and sun cream it's going to be hot

Post by mi60o0 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:34 pm

I stick mine when you give it to me
Attachments
FB_IMG_1559423318619.jpg
BatRex 192 stock

User avatar
boosted
Club Member
Club Member
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm
RX-8: 231
Colour: Aurora Blue Mica
Location: Westbury Wilts
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: JDM Castle Combe 2019 - Saturday 1st June

Post by boosted » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Seem to be lacking on track vids this year..hoping to see some footage of mine in the bends. I was out once at 12.30 sess.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

231 streetported Rx8 renny powered Westfield kit race car.
92 Rx7 fd3s stock twins..est.320bhp. Track car.

Post Reply

Return to “Events”