This event is being run by Nick Dougill and his friendly team at Mazda on Track, who always provide a good, fun, day. Priced at £179, at one of my favourite circuits, due to it's great variety of corners, from a tight hairpin to Coram, a 90mph+ bend that goes on forever
This event arose from telephone discussions between myself and Nick Dougill waaay back in February (pre-coronavirus!) in trying to organise a venue for the the 2021 Club Annual Meet. Nick agreed to approach MSV The track operator) and the MX-5 clubs to organise an exclusive "Clubs" event, knowing we, as a club, would be unable to fill/afford to book this circuit on our own. Arising out of that initial discussion was this event which, sadly, as a Club, we could no longer support due to the difficult decision we reached to postpone next year's annual meet.
HOWEVER, the event IS proceeding, as Nick has had a great level of support from the MX-5 clubs. The event is limited to just 80 cars, which is fine for the very long Snetterton circuit, with a trackday car limit of up to 45 cars. Static noise limit is 105dBA. This is NOT an RX-8 OC Events Team supported trackday, but highly recommended to get an early trackday fix, as there are some spaces still available!
Expect a "Club" friendly atmosphere to the day, which is far preferable to a "public" Saturday event where driving standards can be a bit, shall we say, "variable". Many of the cars will be MX-5's, so no need for constantly watching in the mirrors for GT3's approaching in a blink down the two main straights and cutting inside you at the corner...... (I speak from experience here!)
Highly recommended to get an early trackday fix!
More details and booking here:
https://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/snettert ... -715-p.asp
The circuit: First timers may benefit from browsing through this section of the forum:
Trackday Info and FAQ's
and this topic, specific to Snetterton:
Noise limit is 105dB(A) static and 92dB(A) drive-by.
For those unfamiliar with Snetterton, here's some in-car 2015 footage of what it looks like to drive in an RX-8
- casey (Malcolm)(RX-8) - PAID inc Garage
- GSB-TDU (Nigel)(GT86) - PAID
- ChrisHolmes (Chris)(RX-8SC or M3) - PAID inc Garage Premier Inn, Thetford Fri & Sat
- Dave2112 (Dave)(RX-8 SC or PZ) - PAID inc Garage Premier Inn, Thetford Fri & Sat
- Neilparry (Neil)(Tom)(BMW+RX-8) - PAID inc Garage
- mrspiller (Wayne)(Transit+RX-8) - PAID inc Garage
- Grayo (Graham)(MX-5) - PAID
- bigpete (Pete)(Allister)(Truck+RX-8) - PAID
- Nickp47 (Nick)(RX-8 R3) - PAID
- REF (Robert)(Linda)(RX-8) - PAID inc Garage
- MightyCondor (Alan)(RX-8 PZ) - PAID
- Tim Spiller (Mini) - PAID
- Vj4sothername (John)(Sarah)(James)(RX-8) - PAID inc Garage Premier Inn, Thetford Fri & Sat
- Arnie_O/Essex Rotary (Aston)(Ryan) - PAID inc Garage
If you book a place, please post up here so we know who's going.