Advise - Organising Group Track Day

A record and archive of car activity and track days attended by Club members. Read-only.
nintenjo
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: 192
Colour: Velocity Red

Post by nintenjo »

I am trying to organise a track day (Cadwell Park or Donnington are best) as an event for our company. We have about 15 people sign up (with previous experience and suitable cars) so I am hoping to organise a private event but it seems really hard to get information on how to do this.

I have attended a number of Track days in the past with the old mx5 owners club through https://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/ but I’ve contacted them with no reply.

Anyone got any contacts for a company I could contact and try organise such an event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author nintenjo for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 pm)
Harrizone
Founder Member
Founder Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Winning Blue

Re: Advise - Organising Group Track Day

Post by Harrizone »

Certainly MazdaonTrack could sort this for you but with only 15 or so people it will be extremely expensive if you are looking at exclusive use of the circuit. If that is the case you could contact each of the circuits direct to get pricing, otherwise you could join any of the events companies who are running track days to be included in an open pit lane event.
These users thanked the author Harrizone for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 pm)
Now a distant memory unfortunately.
GreySilver Beast
Former Member
Former Member

Post by GreySilver Beast »

Mazda On Track don't do track events at Cadwell Park or Donington Park, which is probably why you haven't heard anything from that Track Operator :!:

I suggest you contact MSVT instead seeing as they are MSV Circuits :thumleft:

Good luck trying to organise a Group Trackday =D>

Events Team
GreySilver Beast-Test Drives Unlimited (Nigel)
Club Member from 2006 - present
Events Team from 2015 - 2024
Events Coordinator from 2017 - 2023
Administrator from 2012 - present RX-8 Owners Club UK
Tesla M3LR AB 363 AWD " Blue Beast "
New Duke
Former Member
Former Member
RX-8: R3
Colour: Sparkling Black

Post by New Duke »

You can contact tracks directly. All tracks have websites and offices who handle private events.

As Nigel said both of the ones you want are MSV circuits so give the office a call or email them. They can operate as the trackday operator, so you don't need a middle man.

Just brace yourself for the cost. My assistant called every track in the country for a quote last year. MSV tracks aren't cheap.
These users thanked the author New Duke for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm)
casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey »

Depending on the time of year, ballpark costs for those tracks are around £8,000 to £12,000 for a day's hire. With 15 cars, that's £533-£800 per car. Typically, those two tracks would run with about 80 cars (track limit probably around 30-35), meaning cost per car of £100-£150.

Mazdaontrack (Nick Dougill) probably hasn't replied as he's thinking its not an economic proposition with 15 cars. As stated above, MSVT is another option, if participants are willing to stand up to £800 per car!
These users thanked the author casey for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm)
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, "Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3
nintenjo
Former Member
Former Member

Post by nintenjo »

Ok, thanks for all the info .. most track day events I have been to at venues like Blyton Park generally had a max of about 30 cars in attendance so I was thinking if they are running with that number then running with half the numbers paying twice as much each would fit in budget?

But appreciate at larger venues price will scale considerably. I’ll reach out to any of the smaller venues to see what’s possible as well.

warpc0il
Spin Doctor
Spin Doctor
Colour: Lightning Yellow

Post by warpc0il »

Dave
The Spin Doctor ™
uǝǝɹɔs ɹnoʎ ʇɹǝʌuı ǝsɐǝld :ɹoɹɹǝ
nintenjo
Former Member
Former Member

Post by nintenjo »

Yeah Bedford was on my list to try, biggest issue I have trying to organise it is we have 5 offices around the UK so ideally it needs to be closest to Nottingham or Sheffield so those travelling down from Newcastle and up from Warwick can meet in somewhere in the middle.

casey
Events Team Member
Events Team Member
Colour: Titanium Grey

Post by casey »

Blyton is one of the few tracks we have been able to run an exclusive club event, with around 30 cars, but that was a few years ago and ownership of Blyton has changed since then.

You might want to look at https://threesisterscircuit.co.uk/ (Wigan) , where we held a club exclusive event earlier this year. Cost around £4300 for the circuit hire in Feb, plus around £500 insurance. Club member feedback on the day can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=173&t=81448
These users thanked the author casey for the post:
GreySilver Beast (Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:52 pm)
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport
Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet, "Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

Return to “Car Activity and Track days Archive”