***TRACKDAYS 2014***

A record and archive of car activity and track days attended by Club members. Read-only.
casey
Committee Member
Committee Member
RX-8: 231
Colour: Titanium Grey

Re: ***TRACKDAYS 2014***

Post by casey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 am

Bulldog wrote:I would like to do Oulton park on a Saturday early in the year

25th Jan and 8th of Feb are both currently available for £129
Mike, by coincidence, one of the MRC guys (TiddlesRX7, aka Adrian) is at Oulton Park on 8th Feb with his dad, I think sharing tracktime in his dad's car. Ade's RX-7 (FC turbo II) is off the road so he won't have his own car there. If you do go on the 8th you might want to say hello. Ade is a keen rotorhead and won the Rotorstock handling course competition in his FC, 2-3 years back. He's done a few trackdays with us in the past in his FC (certainly Cadwell Park) but I don't think you've met him?
Club Secretary
Essex Rotary Full Bridgeport

Seibon Carbon Fibre Bonnet
"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump
Federal 595RS-R or Rainsport 3

Dan7712
Former Member
Former Member
Colour: Velocity Red
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dan7712 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm

BLYTON PARK (RX-8OC Annual Meet), Saturday 22 March [urlw=http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 38&t=54036]Names Only thread[/urlw] and [urlw=http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 38&t=54038]General Chat thread[/urlw]

WORCESTER AIRFIELD, Sunday 27 April [urlw=http://rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 00&t=55401]Details on thread[/urlw]

CASTLE COMBE (Japfest), Saturday 10 May DETAILS ON THIS THREAD

DONINGTON PARK (Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details TBA

BRANDS HATCH, Friday 5 December Earlybird booking: http://www.mazdaontrack.co.uk/brands-ha ... -608-p.asp

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 am

Japfest 2 tracktime now open for booking - new thread started, as below :D

BLYTON PARK (RX-8OC Annual Meet), Saturday 22 March [urlw=http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 38&t=54036]Names Only thread[/urlw] and [urlw=http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... 38&t=54038]General Chat thread[/urlw]

WORCESTER AIRFIELD, Sunday 27 April [urlw=http://rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 00&t=55401]Details on thread[/urlw]

CASTLE COMBE (Japfest), Saturday 10 May Details on thread

DONINGTON PARK (Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details on thread

BRANDS HATCH, Friday 5 December Earlybird booking: LINK HERE
Club Secretary

"Racing Brake" front calipers, Racing Beat (RB) ARB's F&R, RB REVI intake, full RB Stainless Steel Exhaust & Mani, 20mm Eibach spacers, KOYO Ali Rad, Lightened Fly, Tein MonoFlex coilovers & strut brace, Axial short-shifter, BHR Coils & Engine Mounts, Greddy Sump

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:33 pm

ADDED new link with more details for Blyton Park Trackday on Sat March 22 LINK HERE

ADDED BACK links for Snetterton trackdays, which mysteriously disappeared from page one to page two of this thread :?

SNETTERTON Friday 21st February - £89.10 with MSVT, including shared free garage for every 3 cars. Details on the MSVT website - CLICKY. EIGHTEEN cars booked so far, so this is going to be a good one! A thread for this event has been started HERE

SNETTERTON Saturday 8th March- £249, with a club discount of £50, so £199 with Mazdaontrack. This event is a Saturday and is limited to just over 70 cars, hence the higher price. With that number of cars there should be little or no waiting in the pitlane. Half the places are going to the MX5OC, so this will be a great day with mostly, literally, Mazdas on track plus NickD and his team will be in attendance to look after everyone as they always do so well. A thread for this event has been started HERE

ALSO NEW thread added for above trackday LINK

Club Secretary

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Ah well, another great group day out at Snetterton last Friday is now behind us, so updating with the current list of trackdays that I'm aware either I, or others, are organising;

I'm going to look if there is anything at a reasonable price in June and July, to slot in between the and Japfest1 and Japfest2. Mallory, Croft and Cadwell are just some of the tracks I'll be looking at.

SNETTERTON Saturday 8th March- £249, with a club discount of £50, so £199 with Mazdaontrack. This event is a Saturday and is limited to just over 70 cars, hence the higher price. With that number of cars there should be little or no waiting in the pitlane. Half the places are going to the MX5OC, so this will be a great day with mostly, literally, Mazdas on track plus NickD and his team will be in attendance to look after everyone as they always do so well. A thread for this event has been started HERE

^^^ALSO NEW thread added for above trackday LINK

Club Secretary

Ian.Mothersole
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Ian.Mothersole » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:41 am

casey wrote:Ah well, another great group day out at Snetterton last Friday is now behind us, so updating with the current list of trackdays that I'm aware either I, or others, are organising;

I'm going to look if there is anything at a reasonable price in June and July, to slot in between the and Japfest1 and Japfest2. Mallory, Croft and Cadwell are just some of the tracks I'll be looking at.
June/July is good for me :D should be much easier to get a day off that time of year (really pi$$ed off to have missed snetterton last week)

I know its a bloody long way (7hours!), but maybe Knockhill??

EDIT: maybe scrap that idea - I can't any thing for June/July...
Last edited by Ian.Mothersole on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT
Ian.M - Keep It Simple!
Club Shopkeeper & Forum Admin Team

"Rex" 2009-16
Velocity Red 231; Hayward Rotary ported engine; Racing Beat exhaust, flywheel, air duct, anti-roll bars; Eibach lowering springs, wheel spacers; Essex Rotary mini-remap; Prodrive PZ spoiler.
"Rex 2" 2014-
Velocity Red 231; the project car.
"Blue Rex" 2015-
Winning Blue 231; RX ATE.

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:49 pm

^^ :lol: I might do Knockhill one day, but I'm going to try and complete all the more accessible tracks first :D

HEADS-UP; SPECIAL OFFER ALERT - a FURTHER £50 off advertised price!

SNETTERTON Saturday 8th March- was £249, with a club discount of £50 bringing it to £199. BUT, the price is now £199 with a club discount of £50, so just £149! This event is a Saturday and is limited to just over 70 cars, so little or no queuing in the pit lane is expected. Half the places are going to the MX5OC, so this will be a great day with mostly, literally, Mazdas on track plus Nick Dogill and his team at Mazdaontrack will be in attendance to look after everyone and make the day go smoothly. A thread for this event has been started HERE
Club Secretary

Zarterone
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Zarterone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:54 pm

LEAVE IT :lol:
Paul

40th Anniversary in White no.323 gone but not forgotten.
MK3.75 MX5 Sport Venture (No hair products left in it overnight)
Ducati 899 Panigale see Avatar,Ducati 939 Hypermotard SP , and a Honda Grom
and not forgetting a Vauxhall Vivaro for work

I may be slow, but my works bad

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:07 pm

:lol: :lol: not tempted then.........? :wink:
Club Secretary

Zarterone
Former Member
Former Member

Post by Zarterone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 pm

YES,

but its a bit soon after the last one and I ve got to get my brakes sorted :(
Paul

40th Anniversary in White no.323 gone but not forgotten.
MK3.75 MX5 Sport Venture (No hair products left in it overnight)
Ducati 899 Panigale see Avatar,Ducati 939 Hypermotard SP , and a Honda Grom
and not forgetting a Vauxhall Vivaro for work

I may be slow, but my works bad

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Another great outing to Blyton now behind us, so time to look at what we can do next. Conann has been tempting us with a trip to Spa in Belgium next year (and possible 'ring trip too!) - I know that's next year, but I've tacked it onto this thread anyway :D

I've also now added a trip to the picturesque Croft Circuit in North Yorkshire; much requested by others on here over the past year or two :D

WORCESTER AIRFIELD, Sunday 27 April [urlw=http://rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 00&t=55401]Details on thread[/urlw] - although this one has gone very quiet, so not sure if it's still going to happen?

CASTLE COMBE (Japfest), Saturday 10 May Details on thread - ALL PLACES SOLD OUT

CROFT CIRCUIT Tuesday, 24th June. Details on this thread

DONINGTON PARK (Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details on thread - LIMITED SPACES LEFT

SPA, FRANCORCHAMPS, BELGIUM, Date in 2015 TBD. Conann has proposed this trackday and early interest has been amazing! A possible addition to include the 'ring is alos being discussed.LINK HERE
Club Secretary

MarkB_Rx8
Former Member
Former Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by MarkB_Rx8 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:21 pm

I'm subscribing to this thread..... keep me posted.....
Hurley re-conditioned engine @ 58k/'11, Koni sport adjustable shocks, Eibach lowering springs, Eibach 20mm spacers, EBC groovey discs, EBC yellow pads, Goodrich braided hoses, K&N panel filter, R3 Starter motor
CG-Locked Pilot on track

SeriousSam
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by SeriousSam » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Is there no thread open for the Brands Hatch session on December the 5th yet? I'm keen on that one, it's late enough in the year that the income will have settled after we both change jobs, and it's doable as a one day round-trip for us, so we could well do that one. Would be good to know if and when the earlybird rate expires.
To Do List: HKS CAMP2 install; cruise control; new exhaust; detail paintwork, possible respray

Done: Hayward Rotary rebuild and stage 2 port; Racing Beat ARBs, adjustable front droplinks, ram air intake and lightened flywheel; Exedy stage 1 clutch; Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs; Koyo radiator; heated front screen; EBC redstuff pads all round

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi Sam - no thread up yet for Brands Hatch, but I know several people have already booked a place for this. I don't usually start a thread on a trackday (that I "herd" :D ) until about 3-4 months in advance (max), but as there is already some interest in this one I'll try and get a thread up next week.

You ought be safe on the early booking price until at least the end of August, but no guarantee (the earlier the better to be sure)! I've not booked a place yet, will probably do it in July sometime.
Club Secretary

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member
Colour: Custom

Post by GreySilver Beast » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:13 pm

I booked & paid for my place on 27th December 2013 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GSB-TDU - Committee - Events Coordinator & Events Team Admin
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website
GSB III 03/08/13 - Present

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Just checked up & Brands Hatch on the 5th Dec has now gone up to £120 :!: :!: :!: :!:

So glad I got it for £99 \:D/
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm

^^^^ #-o #-o Oh well, I did say there was no guarantee the price would stay at £99, but still 6 months to go and the early booking price now "over", is a surprise!

Note harrisons5 has posted up about a possible trackday on Monday 22nd September - LINK HERE

If you are interested, please post up over there (I have :D ) .
Club Secretary

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:24 am

UPDATED LIST

Note;
Last call for Croft later this month!
New trackday added 22nd Sept :D
Price for Brands in December has risen form £99 to £120 :(

CROFT CIRCUIT Tuesday, 24th June. Details on this thread

DONINGTON PARK (Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details on thread - VERY LIMITED SPACES LEFT

SNETTERTON, Monday, 22nd September Excellent price of £119 with discount - details on this LINK

SPA, FRANCORCHAMPS, BELGIUM, Date in 2015 TBD. Conann has proposed this trackday and early interest has been amazing! A possible addition to include the 'ring is alos being discussed.LINK HERE
Last edited by casey on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: BH link changed
Club Secretary

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Brands Hatch thread now up and live - LINK HERE
Club Secretary

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:54 pm

UPDATED LIST

ROCKINGHAM (Northamptonshire) Tuesday, 1 July. No thread on this one yet. Ranjan is going to this trackday, please PM him for further details if you are interested.

MALLORY PARK (Leicestershire) Friday, 18 July. 103dBA. Through Javelin Trackdays, http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/ £159, but £147.08 (7.5% discount) if you are an RX8OC or MRC club member. No thread on this one yet. Ranjan is going to this trackday, please PM him for further details if you are interested.

BEDFORD AUTODROME Sat, 26 July. 101dBA. Through Javelin Trackdays, http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/ £199, but £184.08 (7.5% discount) if you are an RX8OC or MRC club member.No thread on this one yet. Ranjan is going to this trackday, please PM him for further details if you are interested. Matt Banks is also taking his RX-8 to this trackday

DONINGTON PARK (nr Derby)(Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details on thread - VERY LIMITED SPACES LEFT. Very popular, due to the good feedback form last year, when an Open Pit Lane was run alongside Japfest 2 for the first time. FIFTEEN people signed up and paid for this one.

SNETTERTON (Norfolk), Monday, 22nd September Excellent price of £119 with discount - details on this LINK. SEVEN people booked on this one so far.

BRANDS HATCH (Kent), Friday 5 December LINK HERE. It's a long way off yet, FIVE people already definite. This has been a firm favourite in the trackday calendar for many years now, always a great day out, whatever the weather!

SPA, FRANCORCHAMPS, BELGIUM, Date in 2015 TBD. Conann (RX8OC Events Coordinator0 has proposed this trackday and early interest has been amazing! A possible addition to include the 'ring is also being discussed.LINK HERE
Club Secretary

Johnspackman
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
RX-8: PZ
Colour: Brilliant Black

Post by Johnspackman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Are there any Donington Park places left? I followed the link but it was all sold out ...

tractorboy
Former Member
Former Member

Post by tractorboy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Keep checking as someone may cancel. I'm looking too!
Sold in 2017: Velocity Red RX-8 231 '04, Acquired Nov 2009, 1st RX-8

casey
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by casey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 am

John, :whathesaid: - over the past few months the website has shown "SOLD OUT", only for places to become available a week after I looked. It's happened several times. If you are really keen, contact the Japfest organisers and see what the situation is.

UPDATED LIST

- Link for Mallory Park event added - Ranjan is going to this one and is encouraging others to join him. I'm "thinking about it", but can't commit at the moment.
- DISCOUNTS; remember the Club has a discount code for all Javelin trackdays, giving 7.5% off at the checkout. This includes the trackday cost, garage reservations and tuition - it applies to all items you place in the checkout. Details of discount code here; http://www.rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/vi ... =9&t=59092 for MEMBERS ONLY

ROCKINGHAM (Northamptonshire) Tuesday, 1 July. No thread on this one yet. Ranjan is going to this trackday, please PM him for further details if you are interested.

MALLORY PARK (Leicestershire) Friday, 18 July. 103dBA. Through Javelin Trackdays, http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/ £159, but £147.08 (7.5% discount) if you are an RX8OC or MRC club member. More details on the forum via THIS LINK

BEDFORD AUTODROME Sat, 26 July. 101dBA. Through Javelin Trackdays, http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/ £199, but £184.08 (7.5% discount) if you are an RX8OC or MRC club member.No thread on this one yet. Ranjan is going to this trackday, please PM him for further details if you are interested. Matt Banks is also taking his RX-8 to this trackday

DONINGTON PARK (nr Derby)(Japfest 2), Sunday 17 August Details on thread - VERY LIMITED SPACES LEFT. Very popular, due to the good feedback form last year, when an Open Pit Lane was run alongside Japfest 2 for the first time. FIFTEEN people signed up and paid for this one.

SNETTERTON (Norfolk), Monday, 22nd September Excellent price of £119 with discount - details on this LINK. SEVEN people booked on this one so far.

BRANDS HATCH (Kent), Friday 5 December LINK HERE. It's a long way off yet, FIVE people already definite. This has been a firm favourite in the trackday calendar for many years now, always a great day out, whatever the weather!

SPA, FRANCORCHAMPS, BELGIUM, Date in 2015 TBD. Conann (RX8OC Events Coordinator0 has proposed this trackday and early interest has been amazing! A possible addition to include the 'ring is also being discussed.LINK HERE
Club Secretary

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 am

Now there are more details for the latest track day I will put it on the Club Calendar later
RX-8OC Club Calendar
NPT Website

GreySilver Beast
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by GreySilver Beast » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Have now put MALLORY PARK on the Club Calendar :P