There are a wide range of regular meets that club members attend all over the country. There are also the following meets which are open to members and non-members alike:
North Kent / Essex Meet @ Dartford.
This is a regular meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. The pub is used as a meeting point by several car clubs, including the MRC, and this schedule allows a joint meeting and ensures that there is no chance of anyone turning up to find that they are the only one attending, there's usually a pretty decent RX8 attendance, both from us and the MRC.
The pub is 'The Wharf' (pub/restaurant), Galleon Boulevard, Dartford, Kent DA2 6SL. They serve good, cheap food.... and are very friendly, with children welcome. (And is virtually in sight of Mazda's UK HQ!)
Click Here For Location The car park is large enough to hold as many as might turn up.
Berks / North Hants / W London and all points West Meet @ Surrey
This will happen from 7pm on the first Wednesday of each month at The Fairmile, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, Surrey, KT11 1BW.
The pub has a huge carpark and (once again) welcomes car clubs. The food is good and reasonably priced (sadly they no longer do two for a £10, and don't expect Twynersh prices, but still affordable).
Click Here For Fairmile menus etc.
Click Here For Google Maps Location
- From the M25, exit at Junction 10 (A3) and head north towards London.
- Take the first junction off the A3, signposted Cobham. Stay in the right lane on the slip road to take the 3rd exit at the roundabout, follow signs to Cobham. (If heading south on the A3 away from London, this is the last exit before reaching the M25 - keep left and take the first exit at the roundabout).
- Down a short hill, at the first roundabout (Sainsburys is on your left), go straight over.
- At the next roundabout, turn left.
- Keep going about a mile or so on this road, you will enter a 40MPH zone (from the 30) and pass a Shell petrol station on your right. The pub is on the left hand side, entrance is about 300 yards after the 40 signs on the left.
- Upon entering the grounds to The Fairmile, the road forks. Take the left fork to go through to the pub car park.
For more events and meetings please read the "Events and Meetings" section in the forum